The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors. NRC is therefore seeking a Finance Officer for the NRC Country Office in Abuja, Nigeria for 2015.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Reports to: The Finance Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements
- Prepare bank account and cashbox reconciliations for the country office
- Ensure proper filing of documents and transactions
- Distribute information and reports as required
- Supervise, train and develop financial team
- Review cash boxes, bank statements and vouchers from the Field Offices to ensure that they are executed according to the Financial Handbook and other requirements, and give relevant feedback to the Field Offices
- Prepare the financial Project Summary
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from working with finance management in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages
- Relevant university degree, preferably business administration/financial management, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract period: until 31st December 2015 (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate can submit their application letter and updated CV to:email@example.com . The title of the position (Finance Officer Abuja) must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
Application Deadline 6th August, 2015