RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Finance Manager Job Opening at RTI International
Job Position: Finance Manager
- The Finance Manager reports to the Chief of Party with functional reporting to Director of Finance, the position is an integral part of the management team in the Sokoto field office overseeing technical and management aspects of the LEAD financial management and with responsibility for implementation, quality control, reporting, monitoring, and staff management, together with expertise in the areas of internal control systems, corporate systems and processes, as well as international finance and accounting systems in Nigeria.
- Under the direction of the Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party and the Director of Finance, ensure a strong internal control environment.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring proper segregation of duties are identified and managed for all transactions and disbursements in accordance with prescribed RTI policies and procedures and related US government Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs) and USAID Acquisition Regulations (AIDARs)
- Ensuring that RTI gets value for the goods and services it purchases by using techniques such as market surveys.
- Ensuring proper processes, procedures, and controls are in place so as to safeguard the assets of RTI and clients.
- Work with the Director of Finance and International Treasurer to ensure that the appropriate level of cash is being maintained and properly controlled within Sokoto field office by reviewing proposed budgets for LEAD activities and recommending action to the DCOP/COP; reviewing and recommendation action on cash management requests (as assigned); and monitoring cash and bank balances to ensure sufficient cash on hand to meet anticipated project expenditures.
- As part of LEAD’s management team, provides back-up support in the absence of the Director of Finance.
- Provide supervision, training and mentoring of Financial Management’s unit technical staff.
- Reviews, processes, and retires cash advances for travel, grants, and other project activities and operations
- Prepares financial information and project financial reports using QuickBooks general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Ensure that all statutory reports are filed with the appropriate authorities.
- Responsible for accurate financial data flow from the Sokoto field offices to the Bauchi office on a timely basis.
- Ensure that timely and accurate financial information is provided to project leaders and other key program managers. Utilize accounting system and tools to provide meaningful reports to the Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party with analysis of the project’s ability to meet to meet program goals.
- Anticipate project’s financial needs, make and follow through on strategic recommendations. Resolve any headquarter or regional office accounting and finance issues.
- Work with the Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party, the Director of Finance, appropriate RTI finance and program managers to ensure that the proper level of accounting, finance, procurement, property control, and other related staffing exists at the Sokoto field offices. In addition, provide training to non-finance staff on finance procedures and processes.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party and Director of Finance.
Required Experience Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree and 10 years or Masters’ degree and 6 years’ experience in Accounting.
- Minimum of 10 years of direct financial management, including at least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with QuickBooks required.
- Experience, understanding and knowledge of CFRs preferred.
- Excellent technical and managerial skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player who works well independently.
- ICAN/ACA or ACCA Chartered Accountancy certification desired.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills as well as be ability to demonstrate experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets with ability to transfer these skills to other users.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please email their cover letter which summarizes how your relevant skills and experience are a match for the position sought and CV in reverse chronological order to:[email protected] Also include the position applied for in the subject of your email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer