Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; Our clients who is a Financial Services company, currently seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Category: Accounts, Finance, Tax, Audit, Treasury
Sector: Banking / Accounting / Finance
- As a Finance manager responsible for the firm’s operations you will play a critical role within the organization.
- You will be primarily responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the Finance Operations unit and proper accounting of all transactions as it relates to the firm’s payments service.
- The company will be looking to you to take leadership on all matters relating to the firm’s System and finance function. This covers multiple areas including ensuring the smooth conversion of cash into electronic value, reconciliation of all the firm’s pool accounts on a daily basis, managing our key 3rd party partners accounts including providing reconciliation support, and supporting our customer service functions to resolve any issues relating to finance.
- The company will be looking to you to design and implement processes that ensure smooth operations, train and develop your team members.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the firm’s operations within the finance department
- Leading a team to execute on the day to day functions proving initiative on the job
- Ensuring team members abide by agreed controls for all processes
- Ensuring the “right climate” within your team – this includes championing the consistent measurement of how it feels to work in your team and working with team members to address any issues.
- People development – You will be responsible for taking the lead in sourcing and providing team members with relevant training for their roles.
- To be successful you must be someone who has a strong accounting and finance acumen, has the ability to lead teams, and able to define processes and ensure controls are abided. Additionally you must be someone who cares about others, relatable, trustworthy, takes initiative, calm under pressure, and have great communication skills – verbal, non-verbal, and written.
- Designing, implementing, and communicating all processes and controls relating to the firm’s operations for the finance function (showing strong accounting acumen)
- Coordinate seamless accounting processes with the IT/engineering team
- Ensuring the correct reconciliation of all accounts giving wholesome attention to detail
- Maintaining an excellent working relationship with our partner banks
Qualification and Experience
- 7+ years of relevant accounting/finance experience with 3+ years of direct supervision or management of an accounting/finance team or department
- Experience working with Banks or companies with significant transaction volumes
- Experience setting up backend accounting processes and systems for large volume of transactions
- Bachelor’s Degree with a first class or 3.5 (and above) GPA a strong plus
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
- Qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA) or equivalent
- Working knowledge of IFRS standards
- Strong with Excel and data analysis
- Strong written and presentation skills a plus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online