Lexcel Group is one of Nigeria’s largest privately owned, home grown enterprises. The group has a diverse portfolio of companies that is supported by a strong workforce of over 3000.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Financial Controller (Agro)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure control accounts, bank and cash balances, fixed assets, receivables and payable accounts, salaries, insurance, export and pension are regularly updated and reconciled monthly in order to achieve accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure daily posting of all financial transactions and supervises extraction of monthly trial balance in good time in order to prepare periodic management accounts.
- Prepare monthly accounts and financial statements (statutory accounts) on time and also liaise with Managing Director in preparation of accounts and information for inclusion in the annual report for management review purpose.
- Ensure proper accounting of all expenses with a view of correctly reflecting the expenses and the corresponding liability in the company’s book of accounts in order to ensure all expenses are within budget and in line with company policy.
- Facilitate treasury department’s payment of accurate amount to parties and to act as a control point before payment by way of preparation of cheque requisition in order to ensure that payments are properly authorized.
- Maintain regular contact with both internal and external auditors in order to ensure the company’s accounts conform to audit requirements and also to implement auditor’s recommendations.
- Not limited to other duties assigned by the Managing Director
- First degree in Accounting or related fields with minimum of 10 – 15 years experience in providing financial Control functions across Group companies , 3 of which must be at Management level.
- Must be member of ICAN, ACCA, ACA.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (Excel, Word, Power point etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, associates and external candidates.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to:[email protected]