FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the Finance Job Opening At FINCA Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo State
- FINCA International is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), who thrives in dynamic environments to be part of the establishment and management of FINCA’s regulated microfinance bank start-up in Owerri, Nigeria.
- The CFO is directly responsible for managing all finance and accounting activities of a FINCA subsidiary, and supervises its entire financial staff.
- As a core member of the start-up team, the CFO will be responsible for establishing the Finance and Administrative function and will ensure that activities and strategies of the Finance and Administrative department support the FINCA subsidiary in pursuing its mission with a minimum of risk and a maximum of efficiency.
- As a member of the Management Board, s/he shares responsibility for the overall performance and activities of the FINCA subsidiary, and is a core contributor to strategy formation for the company.
Qualifications and Experience
- CPA/ACCA or Chartered Accountancy equivalent required, Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial management of a company, preferably a regulated financial institution (experience working for a major audit firm or regulator also an asset)
- International experience desirable, exposure within the Africa region and Nigeria an asset
- 3-5 years of experience managing a team in areas related to:
- Thorough understanding of operational risk of a financial institution,
- Proficient in MS Office suite (particularly Excel), good understanding of IT issues and the role and possibilities of IT in financial management. Familiarity with implementing and working with complex integrated management information and accounting systems (including database management) is highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in Igbo or other local language desired:
- Financial analysis
- Financial planning
- Treasury Management
- Accounting and General Ledger Management
- Commitment to establishing a successful department and function
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri and to travel within the country (up to 20% of time)
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and is committed to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Enterprising personality with the ability to actively develop systems and policies,
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, create effective systems and meet tangible business goals from an unstructured, dynamic and empowering environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to drive projects from inception to execution stages
- Demonstrated leadership, networking and collaboration/negotiation skills
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships within a diverse organizational structure
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online