United Biscuits (UB) is a leading international biscuit manufacturer whose baking heritage goes back generations, with many recipes passed down since the 1800s.
UB bakes some of the best loved sweet and savoury biscuits and cakes that are household names in their respective markets; supported by a strong culture of innovation to continually develop snack brands. Among UB’s popular brand names are McVitie’s, Penguin, go ahead!, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes, Jacob’s, Jacob’s Cream Crackers, Twiglets, Mini Cheddars and Carr’s in the UK, BN, Delacre, Verkade and Sultana in Continental Europe and Haansbro in Nigeria.
As the leading manufacturer and marketer of biscuits in the UK and second largest in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Ireland, the company owns and operates 16 manufacturing facilities, of which seven are in the UK and has a strong footprint for growth, with products sold in over 130 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Director – McVitie’s
As a result of an internal move, the company is looking for a dynamic finance director to lead the company’s finance function through the company’s next period of growth. The role assumes responsibility for all aspects of financial reporting and planning activity, asset management, tax, treasury and other regulatory compliance (including IFRS) and drive continuous improvement in all these areas to meet the changing needs of the business.
The role requires strong leadership and change management skills, and will require strong coordination with internal / external teams (commercial, marketing, supply chain and group) to ensure complete and aligned planning outputs delivered on time efficiently and accurately.
The role holder will be required to provide clarity of business direction to key stakeholders to facilitate sound decision making. It will also provide strong financial support, challenge and analysis for all business initiatives including marketing investment.
The role reports into the Managing Director A&P Foods with a strong dotted line into the group International Finance Director for UBI.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Assume strategic leadership of the entire A&P finance function
- Lead planning process, manage short/ long term plans, annual budget and monthly reporting of management accounts according to the group policies
- reporting standards as modified from time to time.
- Maintains Professional Development, remains abreast of relevant accounting issues & financial policy and standards.
- Plan, implement and manage group CAPEX and OPEX budget and cash flow forecast.
- Maintain strong links with group finance on all activities
- Interface with the auditors, tax authorities, banks and regulatory agencies
- Provide finance insight to the local Board
- Robust financial challenge into key business investment decisions
- Ensuring proper accounting records are maintained aligned with the international financial
Desired Skills and Experience
- Qualified Accountant / FCA / FCMA with minimum of 12 to 15 years’ experience in a manufacturing organization using ERP.
- High level of Interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer Proficiency with Medium Level on IT knowledge
- You must have strong experience within Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG sector) to be considered for this role.
- Exposure to IFRS essential
- Must be in a senior managerial role.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online