Global Profilers is a Recruitment & HR Services firm specialized in recruitment in Africa; Our clients who is a Financial Services company, currently seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Associate
Category: Accounts, Finance, Tax, Audit, Treasury
Sector: Banking / Accounting / Finance
- Work closely with the Finance Manager, Finance Operations to review of financial and accounting requirements on new business products, set up the accounting design and required reports applicable to the operating systems as well as data feeding into corporate accounting systems.
- Hold regular update meetings with the finance operations team and train staff on new/upgraded processes on the systems accounting.
- Conduct daily reconciliations of collection or pool bank accounts to the organisation’s financial records, and perform ad-hoc and regular forensic accounting exercises on the organisation’s financials.
- Work within the scope of the department’s policies, processes and procedures to analyze and ensure all financial transactions are accurately captured.
- Working closely with the finance managers to ensure that both new and existing financial features /transactions/ reports on the client system are properly utilized.
- Continuously monitor and manage improvement of financial features and reports.
- Keep abreast of regulatory updates and ensure compliance.
- Manage internal controls and processes for system financial data audits and validation enquiries.
- Work closely with Product Innovation and Quality Assurance teams in drafting business cases relating to financial systems or data; testing and post implementation reviews.
- Liaise with Operations Support team on systems bugs or anomalies reported by the finance team.
Qualification and Experience
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- Demonstrate good combined knowledge of information technology, accounting and finance practices.
- Multi task and manage competing priorities
- Self-driven and hardworking
- Ability to communicate complex issues logically with both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Forensic attention to detail, proactive and be a problem solver
- Must possess intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Ability to work under pressure , meet agreed timelines and respond effectively to requests for financial information / reports for the finance department team and budget holders
Qualification and Experience
- First degree in Accounting or Business concentration; or First Degree in another concentration with at least 3 years of financial system and general accounting experience.
- 4- 6 years in Auditing, Forensic Accounting, Financial Information Technology, System Data Analysis, Quality Assurance, OR similar role in a reputable and structured business environment
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC.
- Certification or relevant work experience with Information Systems Auditing
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online