RusselSmith Group is a company created to to service the needs of the global Oil and Gas exploration and production industry utilizing Rope Access Technology as primary means of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
Job Title: Finance Analyst
Summary of Functions:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Client payment invoice tracking – Keep track of the money going into and coming out of an organization. This includes monitoring the accounts payable and the accounts received, as well as tracking and cataloging the progress of invoices.
• Receives daily project progress reports for preparation and processing client invoices.
• Client purchase order analysis and tracking.
• Loan Management- Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date
• Budget Planning- Budgeting, Budget Performance, Cash flow, Financial Planning, Financial KPI, BOD Reporting, Bank Reconciliation and Fixed Asset Register
• Budget Planning- Monitors company’s finances, setting financial priorities and creating budgetary goals. Receives departmental and project budgets; analyzes budgets, budget monitoring and forwards analysis to the line manager and or H.O.D.
• Reconciles bank statements, daily charges and cash, cheques and bankcard payments.
• Process, code, balance, and post payments and bankcards received.
• Detecting Financial Irregularities- In charge of detecting and, where possible, correcting any financial irregularities. This can include funds that appear to be missing, accounting books that don’t add up or discrepancies in invoices.
• Codes data for input to financial systems according to company’s procedures.
• Calculating financial ratios and valuation.
• Financial analysis of company and projects; determining profitability of company and projects.
• Foreign Exchange Management
• Prints, verifies, maintains and analyzes accounts receivables reports and aging reports; expected date of revenue; actual date; days overdue.
• Administers preparation of interim, year-end and comparative financial reports; performs and provides analysis of current results to prior periods and/or budget.
• Prepares required government reports as directed by line manager and or H.O.D and responds to inquiries as necessary.
• Prepare background worksheets and input information on Financial Planning exercises based on policy decisions made by the management team and within agreed deadlines.
• Reports and Documentations- Develops and reviews financial reports and documentations, whether internal or external. This will include tax forms, financial disclosures, and memos or letters informing relevant parties of the company’s financial state
• Carrying out analysis of accounts receivable related records. Review and correct claims.
• Record and prepare financial statements that adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), regulatory requirements and company policies.
• Working Capital Management
• Bank relationships Management
• Responsible for matters related to funding and money management. Supervise the receipt and disbursement of money, as well as in planning for the company’s financial future. Reviews them for accuracy.
• Internal Audit & Control- Internal Auditing and Cost control
• Audit Preparation- Coordinates and prepares pertinent information for external accounting firm and auditors in strict adherence to the company’s procedures.
• Review and monitor preparation for internal audit in liaison with line manager and CFO
• Treasury- Banking, Financial Risk, Financial Resourcing and Loan Management
• Tax Compliance- Tax Planning and Tax Implementation
• Maintains fixed asset records and control; determines depreciation terms/rates to apply to capitalized items; prepares property tax returns for review by the line manager and or H.O.D.
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
A university degree in finance preferred.
• Must possess intermediate knowledge of financial systems and familiarity with accounting and spreadsheet applications is required.
• Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
• Good reasoning skills; communication skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
• Good analytical and data analysis skills
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
• Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is important. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- Good reasoning ability is important. Able to understand and utilize accounting reports and legal documents to conduct business.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply