African Development Bank (AfDB) established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Government, is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant – TGFO
Position N°: 50078910
- The African Development Bank Field Office in Togo (TGFO) has been established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and Government, development partners, the private sector, and the civil society, in the design of its development policy and programs, as well as on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the poverty reduction strategy.
- The office also seeks to assist the operational functions of the Bank Group in launching and follow up of projects and programs in Togo.
- The major functions of the office fall under the major areas of: country programming, project administration, promoting participation, regional integration, and aid co-ordination, in line with the partnership principles and with a view to increasing development effectiveness and impact. TGFO invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Finance & Administrative Assistant.
- This is a local position, and posting will be in the Togo Field Office (Lomé) of the African Development Bank Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall administrative authority of the Resident Representative, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will undertake to implement the TGFO’s administrative services including accounting and budgeting, human resources activities and supervision of use of office facilities and resources.
- He/she will carry out effective recording, control and management of Bank resources, the Office’s operational activities in keeping with the Bank’s policies and guidelines. Other specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
Budget preparation and implementation:
- Participate in drawing up the administrative budget of the Bank’s Office following the schedule set by the Budget Department while taking into account the particular investment needs of the Office;
- Ensure recording, up-dating and monitoring expenditure in accordance with the Bank’s internal control rules and procedures.
- Report periodically on the status of budget implementation and propose possible revisions.
- Establishing procedures and controls to improve efficiency of service and identify cost savings and promote efficient use of Bank resources.
- Advise the management on methods to improve control environment in the Field Office.
Finance and Accounting:
- Ensure timely payments of all bills for TGFO in line with established financial procedures and regulations.
- Ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents.
- Process for payment and maintain individual staff mission expenditure; advances and balances.
- Keep and maintain daily updates of all the required Field Office books of accounts, records, inventory and files in order, and all financial transactions captured and entered in SAP.
- Produce for review and final approval of the Resident Representative, all the Office monthly financial and budget execution reports.
- Undertake timely preparation and verification of reports, statements and schedules for auditing of the Country Office activities.
Human Resources Management:
- Keep all staff records/files up-dated.
- Up-date and submit monthly reports on personnel management.
- Manage office staff benefits in accordance with the Human Resources policy and instructions in force.
General Administration: institutional procurement of goods and services and Management of property and equipment:
- Undertake procurement of goods and services in keeping with the Bank’ rules and procedures.
- Manage the preparation and monitoring of service providers’ contracts.
- Keep stock of office supplies and inventory of Bank property and equipment.
- Management of office vehicles in accordance with the bank’s transport policy and instructions in force.
- Ensure all administrative documents necessary for the proper functioning of the office and staff are obtained from the relevant authorities.
- Proper management and control of office stores and petty cash.
- Ensure administrative support to all the Field Office staff and bank’s visiting mission as required.
- Ensure that proper filing is undertaken in the Field Office;
- Ensure that proper control mechanism and segregation of duties are in place, and that Bank procedures are fully implemented.
- Ensure the quality of Bank facilities in Togo, including workspaces, property and equipment as well as service provision relating to the upkeep, maintenance and security of facilities according to Bank standards.
- Organize, supervise and monitor the activities of administrative staff and ensure appropriate training for the latter in order to obtain quality services.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, and/or Finance;
- Membership to an internationally recognized professional accounting body (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA) will be considered as an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multicultural environment and to function effectively as a member of various groups
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (SAP, Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French. Knowledge of English will be considered as an advantage.
- At least Six (6) years of relevant work experience. Experience in a similar post in a multilateral organization will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in administrative; financial accounting and full range of office support work, with a high level of sustained performance.
- Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th May, 2016.