Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is implementing a 3-year Bill and Melinda Gates funded project in Nigeria and Kenya. The Nigeria project is being implemented in Nassarawa State.
The project proposes to develop a group care model for ANC appropriate to the Nigerian contexts that will support the MOH to operationalize its guidelines and test whether this alternative model of ANC is more effective, feasible, and acceptable than the current standard of care at achieving better coverage and quality of ANC services.
The project is designed for high-volume government health facilities and will explore the opportunities and challenges of different settings (urban, pert-urban, and rural) to inform scale-up. The Group ANC study is designed to evaluate the effectiveness, acceptability and feasibility of Group ANC as compared to traditional ANC. This study introduces a group care model in two phases: – Improve the quality of facility based ANC, Increase retention in care and the use of key services during pregnancy, childbirth and the year following birth among women over the standard care available.
Jhpiego hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for the under-listed position:
Job Title: Finance & Administration Assistant
Location: Lafia, Nassarawa
- The Finance and Administration Assistant will report to the Program Manager and is responsible for providing financial and administrative support to the Group Ante-natal Care (G-ANC) Project in Lafia in order to ensure smooth running of the office.
- Implements and maintains an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of Jhpiego’s financial and administrative operations.
- This includes handling day to day financial operations of the Lafia office, with particular emphasis on handling accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, cash handling, payments and compliance to Jhpiego and donor financial policies.
- Assist with editing and or formatting of field trip reports.
- Provide logistics support for meetings, trainings field activities e.t.c,
- Manage petty cash funds for Nassarawa State office.
- Take notes or minutes of meeting etc.
- Serve as a liaison for finance and administrative duties between Nassarawa State and Abuja offices.
- Provide updates to staff on their advance accounts on regular basis (at least once a month),
- Reconcile and follow up outstanding advances on continuous basis.
- Provide information to payments on staff requiring reimbursement.
- Ensures that all unspent advances are deposited to the bank with 48 hours after receipt.
- Ensure that all vendor payment vouchers and expense reports are filed on monthly basis and proper accounting records relating to vendor payments’ are maintained and are compatible with standard accounting practice, JHU(Jhpiego and donor guidelines,
- Monitor and reconcile vendor statements on monthly basis and ensure timely settlement of bills.
- Codes, tracks, and processes vendor invoices, consultant invoices and travel advances for payments on a timely basis.
- Ensure prompt payment of staff advances invoices to safeguard Jhpiego reputation.
- On a daily basis, post approved expense reports to financial system,
- Ensure that expense reports are filed on a timely basis and proper accounting records relating to expense reports are maintained and are compatible with standard accounting practice, JHU/Jhpiego and donor guidelines.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
Required Qualification, Skills and Competencies
- First degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience in finance/accounting/Business administration,
- Basic understanding of the operations of finance department.
- Competence in the use of basic computer software such as MS Words and Excel.
- Residence in Lafia, Nassarawa State will be a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of international and USG donor agencies and private sector foundations.
- Basic understanding of donor operations particularly USG will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an Application letter and a CV as one single word document to: [email protected] The title/subject of your email and application should be the position of what you have applied for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pro-employment background investigation
Application Deadline 8th July, 2016.