Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc, Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.
Head, Finance & Admin, Abule Egba Business Unit
REPORTING TO: Business Manager, Abule Egba Business Unit
- Responsible for Finance and Administrative Services of the Business Unit
- Provide inputs for annual budgeting
- Examine and accord financial vetting for proposals having financial implications
- Ensure compliance of financial audit
- Responsible for all financial accounting and supervises compilation for unit and undertakings
- Supervise inter unit account settlements
- Supervise maintenance of various accounts & registers
- Settlement of all staff claims, external claims, time bound tax related claims under the limits specified
- Ensure proper reconciliation of various payment channels at business unit
- Monitors compilation of MIS, PRT & other reports.
- Maintain and update sub ledger capturing the financial transactions appropriately.
- Ensuring compliance to HR policies and labor laws
- Initiate the performance appraisal report
- Maintaining job descriptions and training related records
- Oversee preparation of papers for claims of retired employees
- Ensuring maintenance of discipline, attendance, highlighting employee concerns at the assigned locations
- Initiating disciplinary proceeding of employees in corruption cases
- Oversee the legal activities and court cases related to employees
- Taking up the case of employee complaint/ grievance for redressal
- Ensuring free flow of communication upward to resolve employee grievances at the earliest opportunity
- Conducting surveys on employee engagement employee satisfaction
- Participating in the welfare activities for the employees
- Looking into security matters, office maintenance, office furniture maintenance etc
- Minimum 5+ years relevant work experience
- Must possess a first degree in Commercial or Social Science discipline
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA/ ACCA)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Finance and Account management
- Basic HR and Administration management
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here