MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business.
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Field Support Engineer
Reporting Line: Field Support Manager
The Field Support Engineer will be responsible for the second line network troubleshooting, restoration and fault management support on the elements and components of the Main One network, Specifically, the FIELD SUPPORT Engineer’ responsibility includes
Key responsibilities will include to;
- Troubleshoot Main One’s network providing specific update, status and performance of all network components, capacity services etc.
- Interpret link budget (LBs) and survey reports (SRs) to effectively carry out onsite/installation activities.
- Work comfortably at heights upto 120m with total regard for safety and good work ethics.
- Troubleshoot Microwave radio links’ issues in a timely manner. Focus is on; Dragon Wave HC+, Ceragon SDH radio & Ceragon IP 10.
- Responsible for structure cabling, PATs and onsite installations supervision to ensure that standards and quality are maintained all times.
- Carry out LOS requests and provide LOS reports in clear terms with minimal supervision.
- Assembling, Commissioning and Installation of MW radios such as Dragon Wave HC+, Ceragon SDH radio & Ceragon IP 10 with varying antennae sizes.
- Accurate auditing, recording and management of company assets deployed at clients sites.
- Ensure all customer SLAs are met.
- Identify and provide at least second line support on all faults on the Main One network in accordance with the Company’s standard operating procedure for fault handling, restoration, escalation and management.
- Maintain and ensure full compliance with all Main One’s FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER processes and procedures
- Ensure safe decommissioning of equipment and making them fit for reuse.
- Attend to quarterly preventive network maintenance
- Report sites conditions to GNOC.
- To work directly under the supervision of the Field Support Manager
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum qualifications – ONC/OND/Higher grade level in appropriate discipline or subjects.
- At least three years of previous experience working with Microwave and optics transmission systems required with power proficiency.
- Knowledge of a vendor network management system
- Knowledge of first level Power handling
- Good knowledge of Power System, Rectifiers, AC/DC equipment
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Perform 1st line troubleshooting of faults involving Microwave, SDH equipment and other related facilities such as IP devices
- Very good understanding of Main One’s products and processes.
- Must have a high level of computer literacy to be able to configure PC IP settings, use basic IP testing and be competent in the use of Microsoft office products (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Should be able to use basic test equipment such as Multimeters/Spectrum Analysers/BER Testers
- Should be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of Microwave antennae installation and commissioning.
- Ability to interpret topography, network design maps and AutoCAD Designs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Field Support Engineer”