Since 1997, TRT has powered a wide range of business-critical solutions for Repco, Macquarie Bank, Australia Post, BlueScope Steel, Alactel, Metal Manufacturers, Australian Dept of Immigration, Shell and a host of businesses large and small throughout Australia and Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Engineer
- The primary functions of a Field Engineer are to resolve incidents that are raised by our customers, and to implement changes and improvements required by customers.
- Incidents and changes can be related to UNIX and Wintel servers, tape libraries/drives, storage devices, printers and various others pieces of equipment.
- Onsite break-fix hardware maintenance
- UNIX and Windows Operating System support (onsite)
- Problem Management
- Incident Response
- Customer Communication
- Provide assistance to the GSD Team by working on any ‘open’ or ‘pending’ service call.
- Conduct onsite physical and logical audit for proactive sparing
- Updating TRT internal procedures
- Updating TRT Knowledge Base for future service calls
- Learning additional technical and non-technical skills.
- Perform quarterly onsite preventive maintenance per assigned customer
- Create preventive maintenance reports
- Create incident reports as required
- Ensure all logged incidents are resolved within SLAs
- Ensure all customer communication is prompt, professional and reliable.
- Continuously learn additional technical and non-technical skills
- 24 x 7 Support Structure
- Comply fully with company policy to protect the interests of TRT at all times
- Ensure all commitments made to customers are met, or re-scheduled with the customer’s knowledge and approval
- Escalate calls through correct channels in a timely manner
Break/Fix Hardware Maintenance:
- Identifying failed hardware
- Involve L2 and/or L3 support as and when necessary
- Documentation of problem resolutions into TRT’s knowledge base
- Ensure procedures are properly followed when onsite.
- Escalation to L2 and/or L3 for DR Execution
- Call management
- Appropriate escalation to Field Engineer Team Leader when necessary
- Logistics and Service Partner Coordination:
- Coordination with GSD Division for parts needed for a particular call
- Coordination with GSD Division for Inventory Movements.
Service Call Updates:
- Ensure that all onsite service calls under your responsibility are updated to the GSD Team in a timely fashion.
OH&S Work Environment:
- Ensure that the technical work areas remain clean and organized at all times.
- Ensure that you adhere to all OHS requirements, including for lifting, cabling, rack-mounting, and equipment in rooms is not obstructing walkways.
- that the warehouse remains clean and organized where practical.
- Ensure that you adhere to ESD procedures.
Successful applicant would need to demonstrate a proven track record of at least 3 years in supporting any of the following server storage and networking technologies:
- Networking – Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Brocade
- Backup Software – NetBackup, TSM, Networker, Commvault
- Applicants should have excellent verbal and written English communication skills and have the willingness to be assigned on other TRT locations when necessary.
- Candidates with personal vehicle would have an advantage.
- Server – IBM, HP, Dell, Oracle
- Operating Systems – VMWare, UNIX (Linux, Red Hat, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX etc.)
- Storage – EMC, NetApp, IBM, HP, Quantum, STK
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: [email protected]
Application Deadline 30th November, 2015.