Job Title: Project Advisor, Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS)
The SIDHAS project is a five-year PEPFAR program that aims to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
As part of the Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) Senior Team, the Project Advisor performs a wide variety of complex programmatic, technical, and communication/reporting functions. Duties will include coordinating and finalizing a variety of administrative and operational reports; participating in the development, implementation, and documentation of administrative policies, procedures, and programs. A primary responsibility will be serving as a liaison with USAID and other external stakeholders. As part of this role, the Advisor will have frequent communication with SIDHAS departments and staff, sub-awardees and relevant outside agencies, as well as FHI360 HQ. The Project Advisor reports directly to the SIDHAS Chief of Party.
- Collaborate with Chief of Party to provide leadership and high quality programmatic assistance to the program.
- Liaise with USAID, key partners and stakeholders on the implications of PEPFAR 3.0 to the SIDHAS project.
- Collaborate with technical staff to ensure programmatic targets are achieved and activities are implemented according to PEPFAR / USAID regulations.
- Provide leadership to ensure the development of timely, high quality and regulation compliant reporting per FHI 360 and donor guidelines.
- Serves as primary senior team contact and liaison for assigned functions and programs with other departments and staff, outside agencies and organizations for the SIDHAS project; negotiates and resolves sensitive and controversial issues; explains, justifies, and promotes programs, policies, and activities.
- Assists the COP and other senior team members in collecting, compiling, and analyzing information from various sources on a variety of specialized topics related to SIDHAS; participates in the preparation of reports that present and interpret data, identify alternatives, and make and justify recommendations.
- Coordinates, tracks, and ensures timely response to all USAID requests for information and assistance; keeps COP and other key staff informed on communications.
- May assign work activities, projects, and programs to administrative support staff; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, and procedures; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems; recommends improvements in work flow, procedures, policies, and use of equipment and forms; implements improvements as directed by COP.
- Performs a wide variety of complex, responsible, and confidential duties for senior team and other staff as assigned.
- Directs and participates in the maintenance of a calendar of activities, meetings, and various events for senior staff; coordinates activities with other SIDHAS departments, USAID, outside agencies.
- Develops and edits a wide variety of reports, letters, memoranda, correspondence, etc; independently composes correspondence and reports related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Master’s Degree or its international equivalent in Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or a related field.
- 11+ years of experience in a specialized technical/medical field of study.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of complex international public health programs.
- Knowledge of policies, rules and regulations of major donors, including USAID.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Proven ability to communication effectively, both in writing and orally; demonstrated ability to independently prepare reports, briefings, correspondence and memoranda.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of a variety of programmatic, administrative and financial reports.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines under steady pressure and multiple priorities.
- Exercises good judgment and maintains confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrated competence in the operation and use modern office equipment including a computer and various software packages.
- Demonstrated experience in performing responsible and difficult organizational and office management and administrative functions showing independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Ability to travel in Nigeria up to 25%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.