FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Laboratory Services
Job ID: 16660
Locations: Nasarawa, Kano
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Senior State Technical Officer to provide technical support and implement high quality laboratory services for FHI360 Nigeria programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support related to the laboratory services and management component of HIV/AIDS care and treatment program.
- Provide technical assistance in capacity building for laboratory services to FHI360 and facility staff.
- Represent FHI360 on issues of laboratory management of HIV/AIDS at the state level.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of laboratory management of HIV/AIDS and related development fields by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities as outlined by the technical supervisor.
- Provide technical support on laboratory quality assurance issues at the state office level.
- Coordinate the inventory management along with AXIOS to ensure adequate stock and quality data capture in the DHIS.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to laboratory management of HIV/AIDS and liaise with STO to apply these lessons and modify existing program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.Sc in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 5-7 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 3 years experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Certification of license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
- Experience in Laboratory TB services is an advantage.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
- Or Master degree in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 3-5 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 3 years experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development area preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply