FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Health Systems Strengthening
Job ID: 16657
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The incumbent will work under the supervision of the STO, HSS to provide support in the planning, implementing and monitoring of health systems strengthening and laboratory activities in assigned projects.
- Support the STO HSS in collaborating with the relevant federal, state and LGA departments/agencies and other partners to develop innovative technical strategies, tools and systems to strengthen health systems at all levels.
- Support the STO HSS to provide on behalf of FHI 360, inputs/technical assistance to GON, FHI 360 partners and IAs on health systems strengthening and laboratory policies, strategies and proposal development processes.
- Work with the STO HSS in contributing to the development of FHI 360 Nigeria’s health systems strengthening strategy and work plans that clearly address the WHO HSS building blocks.
- Develop and implement framework for capacity development for the different departments in the design and implementation of evidence-based health systems policies and practices related to their technical programs and units.
- S/he will contribute to FHI 360’s provision of technical assistance to FHI 360 Nigeria partners and implementing agencies at all levels to develop/review, implement and monitor health systems and laboratory strategies and activities.
- Along with the STO HSS, ensure technical soundness in the implementation of FHI 360’s health systems strengthening grants.
- Assist in providing technical assistance in different health systems strengthening aspects using the six WHO building blocks and a reference guide.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years post national youth service experience with at least 1 year’s progressive experience in health systems strengthening, health financing, human resource for health management or other related areas.
- MPH or M.Sc. in related degree with at least 3 to 5years post national youth service experience with at least 3 years progressive experience in health systems strengthening, health financing, human resource for health management or other related areas.
- Experience in health systems analysis, health financing (including budgeting and health accounts), human resource for health (including workload analysis), and service delivery required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, with minimal supervision and under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding M&E, statistics and quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities for developing countries.
- Ability to represent FHI 360/Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Familiarity with technical and health management approaches relevant to the work of the National AIDS & STI Control, National TB Control Programs, National Malaria Control Program and RH especially at the state, LGA and community levels.
- Knowledge of the key principles and approaches to health systems strengthening.
- Working knowledge of scientific literature related to reproductive health, HIV prevention and treatment, and other infectious diseases.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding RH and HIV programs and research.
- Ability to evaluate relevance of data or information, as well as work with staff to resolve differences in interpretation of information.
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically as part of a team or independently to advance the interest of research and public health in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply