FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Assistant
Job ID: 16666
Area: Global Health, Population & Nutrition
- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the positions of; Finance Assistant
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Assists in the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including maintenance of the checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Prepares bank reconciliations for review by the Country Office Accountant.
- Manages the Petty Cash Imprest Account for the Abuja National Office. Prepares and submits request for replenishment of imprest petty cash account and ensures proper coding and recording of all petty cash expenses.
- Assists the Accountants in preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Assists the Accountants in tracking travel advances to ensure that they are retired on a timely manner.
- Responsible for the filing of payment vouchers, supporting documentations, workshop and travel retirements
- Supports the Accountants in the review of all payment requests and determines the propriety and accuracy of all expenditures. Assures completeness of supporting documentation and coding in accordance with FHI360 policies and procedures.
- Supervises the cashiers in the preparation of payment vouchers; attaches supporting documentation and writes checks and submits for review by Country Office Accountant and Associate Director of Finance.
- Prepares workshops schedule/payment to participants and retire same for review by the Financial Accountants.
- Carries out all FHI360 banking transactions such as cash/check lodgments, collect bank statements and bank confirmation
- University degree or higher diploma in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance
- Well developed computer skills
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
- Proven ability in accounting for medium to large, multifaceted programs
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply