We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Director, Prevention, Care & Treatment
The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
Provide technical and management leadership in HIV prevention, care and treatment, TB and Integrated Medical Services and develop technical strategies and oversee their design and implementation for FHI 360 Nigeria programs ensuring the appropriate application of theory and best practice to the design and implementation of public health interventions.
- Oversee the development of strategies for the design and implementation of FHI 360 Nigeria public health interventions including HIV/AIDS interventions, linked with care and treatment activities. Others include TB, RH/FP, Malaria, Cervical cancer screening etc
- Ensure that appropriate technical strategies, policies and SOP’s are developed and implemented in accordance to FHI 360, USAID, OCAG and Nigerian regulations.
- Assist with the management, development and monitoring of work plans and budgets; ensures appropriate levels of technical assistance for interventions.
- Provide technical assistance through the review and/or writing of protocols, papers, reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Contribute to resource development efforts that will support achievement of project objectives.
- Ensure that results from research and published best practices are incorporated into FHI 360 Nigeria’s interventions and contribute significantly to this literature.
- Liaise with WHO/UNAIDS and other relevant agencies to share information and avoid duplication in the implementation of programs.
- Provide technical guidance for in-country staff and provide input regarding HIV/AIDS and other programs.
- Represent department and make presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Remain informed on current programs in the HIV/AIDS, TB and other relevant fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such research for department activities.
- Ensure that high quality and state of the art HIV prevention, care and treatment and other interventions are implemented in a timely manner and in coordination and collaboration with GHAIN partners, other USG partners (e.g. CDC, UMD, and Harvard) and the GON.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MBBS/MD/PHD or similar degree with ten years professional public health experience including at least five years specialized experience in HIV/AIDS care in developing country settings plus at least four years management experience. Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Possession of an MPH is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.