FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions.
Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: AccountantThe Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner. The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Under the direction of the Senior Finance Manager, the Accountant State Programs shall assume responsibility for accounting in the Country Office and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of programs/projects.
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager to ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Work with the Senior Finance Manager to lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager and the Senior State Finance & Admin Officers in monitoring subproject budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
- Monitor periodic expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Work with the Senior Finance Manager to provide support with the accounting workflow in the review and audit of Country Office and sub recipient reports for reimbursement of expenditures.
- Function as support for processing cash advances,retirements, petty cash management and refunds made in favor of FHI 360.
- Prepare fiscal year budgets and enter them into FHI 360’s accounting software program.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in preparing reports for submission to donors.
- Review work of state finance staff for accuracy and proper report content.
- Support in proposal development in collaboration with proposal team.
- Create, update, and maintain financial spreadsheets.
- Develop budgets, including staff time allocations.
- Work with team leads to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and life-of projects budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting relating to international development programs.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- CPA, ACA, or recognized equivalent is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply