FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Alive & Thrive is an initiative to save lives, prevent illness, and ensure healthy growth and development through improved breastfeeding and complementary feeding practices. In its first five years (2009 to 2014), A&T demonstrated that innovative approaches to improving feeding practices could be delivered with impact and at scale in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, and Viet Nam. Alive & Thrive continues its work there and is supporting others to scale up nutrition by applying and adapting tested, proven approaches and tools in Burkina Faso, India, Southeast Asia, and Nigeria. Alive & Thrive is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the governments of Canada and Ireland.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Associate
Job ID: 16821
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Finance and Administrative Associate is responsible for providing finance, operations, administrative, and logistical support to the project.
- S/he will work closely with the Alive & Thrive (A&T) Finance and Operations Manager to ensure smooth operations of A&T/Nigeria office in compliance with policies and regulations.
- S/he will provide logistical support for all project activities, as necessary, including organizing workshops, coordinating travel, and maintaining office property.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly financial report forms which accompany imprest and executed sub project documents.
- Maintain and manage petty cash and report to Finance and Operations Manager at the end of the month with accounts distribution for replenishment; prepare petty cash vouchers and disbursements vouchers
- Prepare on a monthly basis, physical inventory of both expendable and non-expendable property, and forward a copy to for HQ.
- Assist Finance and Operations Manager to purchase travel tickets, book hotel rooms, and organize airport pickup and drop off for staff, counterparts and consultants by coordinating with the Travel Department and others as required.
- Assist Contracts and Procurements Manager with procurement logistics such as collection of quotes, sending out RFPs, assembling procurement package, and tracking deliverables and payments.
- Manage the office supplies procurement including monitoring and replenishing to ensure adequate supplies at all times as well as maintaining the supplies storage
- Under the direction of the Finance & Operations Manager, prepare requisitions for goods and services
- Manage photocopying, printing, scanning, courier, DHL etc needs of the office
- Attend and support administrative matters at workshops, seminar proceedings as the need arises
- Organize business meetings and workshops as necessary, including engaging speakers, making room arrangements, arranging refreshments, sending invitations, collecting meeting materials, and taking minutes as directed.
- Maintain filing system for all financial and other files as assigned.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration
- Sound accounting skills
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with administrative and secretarial skills
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply