The Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE), Delta State, Nigeria was established in March, 2007, under the Federal Government of Nigeria initiative to build a specialized University to produce high-level manpower and relevant expertise for the Oil and Gas Sector in Nigeria and worldwide.
FUPRE is the first of its kind in Africa. It is designed to be the premier international institution of choice with state-of-the-art facilities to provide for the petroleum and allied sectors, world-class education, training, research, consultancy and extension services
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
- Applicant must possess a good honours degree in Criminology/Social Sciences from a recognized University
- Evidence of intensive training in a well established and Government recognized security organization or an arm of the Armed Forces or Paramilitary Organization with a minimum of 10 (ten) years experience on the job
- An Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) in the Nigeria Police Force or its equivalent rank in any of the Armed Forces.
- Evidence of Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Candidates with University degree or its equivalent should have completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or have an evidence of exemption/exclusion from the National Service.
Conditions Of Service
- The Federal University of Petroleum Resources offers similar remuneration policy with what obtains in other Federal Government of Nigeria owned Universities.
Applicants should send twenty (20) copies of word processed applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should, among other information, follow the order stated below:
- Full Name,
- Place and Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address
- Cell Phone Number
- Email Address
- State of Origin
- Local Government
- Marital Status
- Number, Names and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic Qualifications with Dates
- Professional Qualifications
- Employment Records
- Statement of Experience
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three Referees
Candidates should request their Referees to forward reports under confidential cover direct to the Registrar.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Federal University of Petroleum Resources,
PMB 1221, Effurun,
Note: The successful candidates should be prepared to reside within the immediate environment of the University. Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview.