Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro was established by Decree No.33 of July 25, 1979. It was opened to students on November 15, 1979 on a temporary site provided by its host community, the ancient town of Ilaro, Ogun State.
The first site of the Polytechnic was the premises of the Anglican Grammar School, Ilaro about half a kilometre from Ilaro township junction. The Polytechnic was on this temporary site till 1983 when it moved to its permanent site along Ilaro/Oja-Odan Road, about three kilometres from Ilaro township.
Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Ilaro, Ogun
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of the Polytechnic Bursar which will become vacant on 1st August, 2016.
- The Bursar shall be responsible to the Rector for the day to day administration and control of the Financial Affairs of the Polytechnic.
Qualification and Experience
- Applicant should hold a good Honours Degree or HND in Accountancy or Finance related courses from a recognized Institution of higher learning with at least Eighteen (18) years post qualification cognate experience and registration with ICAN, ANAN, or any other professional accounting body.
- He/She must have occupied the position of Chief Accountant or Deputy Bursar for a period of not less than five years in a higher institution of learning.
- The Bursar must be a person of proven integrity, intellectually and professionally sound, and knowledgeable in the Rules arid Regulations of the Polytechnic system.
- He/She must also be versed in Public Service Rules, Financial Regulations and Computer Literate.
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment will be for Five (5) years in the first instance and may be renewed subject to satisfactory performance for another period of five (5) years and no more.
Condition of Service
The conditions of service for the post are the same as obtained in all the Federal Polytechnics in the Country. In addition, the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic.
Consolidated Salary (N5,407, 503.00) per annum.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) type-written copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following order:
- Name in full (Surname in Capital Letters)
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Contact Address with Telephone Number
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/Bodies with dates
- Previous employment(s) and Post(s) with dates
- Present Appointment (with date), Status and Salary
- Community Service
- A Statement of Strategies/Proposal for/on increased revenue generation and cost control in a Higher Institution of learning
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Address of three (3) referees (Applicants should request the referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar).
- Interested applicants must support all their claims of credentials, age, promotions, appointment etc. with documentary evidence.
Applications with Curriculum Vitae, copies of all relevant credentials and supporting evidence (in sealed copy) should be forwarded either by hand or post and should be marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope “The Polytechnic Bursar” to reach:
P.M.B 50, Ilaro,
Application Deadline 21st March, 2016.