The Management of Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital, Yaba, Lagos, hereby invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates
Job Title: Medical Director (MD)
- The Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- The Medical Director is charged with the responsibility for the execution of policies and matters affecting the day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Interested candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Candidates must be Medical or Dental practitioners registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria of not less than twelve (12) years Post qualification;
- Candidates must be of proven good character and integrity;
- Evidence of Medical research is an added advantage;
- Administrative qualification and experience is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is an added advantage.
- Applicants who have less than five years to retire need not apply
- Candidates must be fellows of either the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African Postgraduate Medical College or its equivalent register-able by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria;
- Candidate must be a fellow in Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatrist) duly acquired and registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Candidates must have been Consultants for a minimum of five (5) years;
- Candidates must be medically fit;
Salary and allowances will be in accordance with the Public Service Salary Structure for this category of Officer.
Applicants should send Twenty (20) copies of application letters and Curriculum Vitae to be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Director of Administration
Federal Neuro-Psychiatric Hospital,
No 8, Harvey Road,
- Candidate should also enclose his/her Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years in not more than 1000 words.
- The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty-five (5) years post qualification experienced and who should be in a position to attest to the candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as moral character and uprightness. Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address by the referees