Federal Ministry of Eudcation: The honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians too participate in the 2016/2017 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award for:
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Criteria for Eligibility
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2014 & 2015). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
Note (For all Applicants)
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign languare of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
Venue of Interview
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two copies of Birth certificate
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
2016/2017 BEA Interview Venues and Dates from 7th – 10th March, 2016
|S/N||Zone Venue||Monday 7th March||Tuesday 8th March||Wednesday 9th March||Thursday 10th March||Friday 11th March|
|1.||North-West Dutse Jigawa||Sokoto and Zamfara||Kano and Kebbi State||Kaduna and Katsina States||Jigawa State||Collation of ResultsCollation of Results|
|2||North-East FCG, Yola||Borno and Yobe States||Bauchi and Gombe States||Taraba State||Adamawa State||Collation of Results|
|3||North Central Govt. College Marduguri||Kwara State and FCT||Niger and Plateau States||Kogi and Nasarawa States||Benue State||Collation of Results|
|4||South-West Abeokuta Grammar School||Ondo and Oyo States||Lagos and Osun States||Ekiti State Ogun State||Ogun State||Collation of Results|
|5||South-SouthFGGC Calabar||Edo and Rivers State||Delta and Bayelsa States||Akwa Ibom State||Cross Rivers||Collation of Results|
|6||South East FSTC Awka||Ebonyi and Abia States||Imo State||Enugu State||Anambra State||Collation of Results|
Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Click here to view the guidelines and then complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application form
- Submit two set of the printed Application form at the venue of the interview as scheduled above
- BEA processing does not attract any processing fee. Therefore, beware of fraudsters!
- Double Entries will be disqualified