The Chanrai Family put down roots in Nigeria in 1890 with trading at the centre of all commercial activity. Today, Fareast Mercantile Co. Limited our flagship company in West Africa has dedicated its resources to supply chain management through the import and distribution of products covering branded food, fmcg, appliances and tires for the best multi-nationals in the world. A product portfolio spanning 1500 SKUs is managed with a capable professional team, robust infrastructure and strong delivery systems to ensure availability of products covering 93% of the throughput of the country. Other subsidiaries in the group focus on pharmaceutical distribution with a dedicated resource for institutional business in the area of health. Diversification into assembly of air conditioners in June 2003 was the first step towards backward integration with a view to import substitution, self reliance and creation of employment…bearing in mind the Government’s plan to put Nigeria on the road to industrialization.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Purpose of the Role – Will be a key team member and work to ensure successful execution of audit plan in a timely manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Financial Audit: Perform financial audit. Perform review and analysis of data.
- Process Audit: Plan and perform process audits or evaluations to identify process weaknesses, inefficiencies and operational issues facing different Businesses. Recommend corrective actions to improve efficiency and drive compliance. Define and implement measurement and tracking mechanisms to assess and monitor process improvement.
- Internal Control System: Review and test internal controls for its design and effectiveness, provide inputs for improvement
- Risk management:Identify risks and recommend mitigation
- Primary ownership for tracking management action plans and issue resolution
- Introduce internal audit best practices and standards
- Will typically execute at this level
- Manage stakeholder relationships: – build and maintain relationships with appropriate senior members of the business
- Functional Expertise: has strong knowledge and internal audit experience in conducting review and analysis of business operations and in the areas of review of various business processes & risk identification and setting up of Internal Controls and building of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Process Orientation: creates , implements, standardizes and monitors optimum work processes; documents and shares relevant information and work practices in order to drive best practices implementation across the group
- Results Driven: maintains focus on desired outcome and ensures that the same are achieved irrespective of challenges faced; can operate effectively in environments of ambiguity and transition; demonstrates high levels of accountability and ownership
- Analytical Ability: has strong analytical ability and excellent knowledge of Excel, identifies issues, sets priorities, and assesses implications,
- Planning and Execution: ability to come up with draft audit plan based on the insight gained on ground, executes actions within strict and short time lines, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, strong written, verbal and report writing skills, escalates in time
- IT: good knowledge of ERP Systems (Oracle ) MS Office and Tally / other financial software / ERP
- Self-driven and capable of working independently and willingly assume larger responsibilities
- FMCG experience will be an added advantage
- Chartered Accountant preferably with CISA
- Experience from an FMCG company will an added advantage
- Years of experience: 4 to 6 Years (Post Qualification)
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
- Managing the order cycle and complete knowledge about form M.
- Coordinating with the banks to ensure that forms M are submitted on customs portal and accepted within timelines.
- Ensuring that all regulatory compliances are taken care while processing the order cycle and forms M.
- Strong knowledge of Pre and Post shipment documentation and Banking Operations is essential.
- Track shipments and their documents and follow up with the forwarder regarding vessels’ arrival dates at destination.
- Must be Good in Microsoft excel.
- Experience of managing the clearing agents and follow up closely on the customs / clearance formalities and delivery process. Managing In House Clearance Agency would be preferred.
- Update the shipment clearance log on progress and communicate delays daily.
- Closely working with warehouse team for ensuring the deliveries are made appropriately and ensuring zero container demurrages are incurred.
- Hands on experience with complete Import cycle.
- Knowledge and practical experience on shipment policy and custom regulation.
- To be able to constructively take on spot judgements to challenges in EXIM activity and procedures.
- Familiar with Incoterms (International Commercial Terms), government agencies, basic laws and regulations for movement of goods from overseas.
- Ensuring that all financial records are kept appropriately to meet the company’s requirements.
- Education: Graduate in any Discipline with knowledge of Import and Export.
- Overall 8-10 years of post-graduation experience
- An excellent working knowledge of supply chain processes and systems. An extensive understanding of Supply chain management, both operations and development
- Excellent analytical skills, strong communication, influencing and collaborative skills.
- IT: excellent MS-Office skills, in depth understanding and working on Supply chain operations software, Oracle knowledge would be preferred.
Job Title: Insurance Claim Executive
- Age – 25 – 35 Yrs
- 3-5 yrs from an Insurance Company
- HND, Bachelors
- Preparation of all the documents relating to importation of our various good, monitoring, tracking, and processing all insurance related matter for Fareast Group
- Insurance Related Matter Preparation & renewal of all insurance policies
- Preparation of various claims (monthly)
- followup with the Insurance Companies
- Settling the claim and keeping track
- Supply Chain Preparation of Form Ms
- Preparation of Insurance Certificate
Job Context & Major Challenge (What are the specific aspects of the job that provide a challenge to the jobholder in the context of the job?)
- Meeting the timelines
- Ensuring the accuracy of the data
- Collation of data, extracting reports
- Meeting the Compliances as per Company Policies
- Accountability ( What to be done )Supporting Action (How it is done )
- Insurance relatedEnsuring the policies are renewed on time
- Ensuring the accuracy & timeliness of the claims being lodged
- Maintenance of the records & registers pertaining to the claims lodged
- Following with the Insurance Co for settlement of claims
- regular followups with various insurance surveyors to ensure accurate surveys are carried out
- Supply Chain Ensuring the Form M and Insuarnce Documents are typed accurately
- Ensuring the accuracy & timeliness of the work completion
Competencies & Skills
- Technical or Functional Competencies IT & Computer Skills
- Advanced Accounting Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Managerial Competencies Planning & Organizing Skills
- Decision Making
- Human Competencies Communication, Team work, Interpersonal Skills
- Achievement Orientation
- Conceptual Competencies Creative Thinking – Thinking out of box
Job Purpose of Direct Reports
- Not Applicable as this position is of an Indvidual Contributor
- Organization Relationships (If Applicable)
- Internal & External Nature
- System Users As & when required
- HR Department For all employee related reimbursements & payroll
- Treasury For all Insurance related matters
- SCMFor all import related documentation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply