Applications are now been received for the FAO/Hungarian Government Scholarship Programme for study in Hungary for the 2016/2017 Academic Year.
The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2016-2017 Academic Year:
- Agricultural sciences
- Agricultural biotechnology
- Animal nutrition and feed safety
The following universities are participating:
- Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Szent István University, Faculty of Horticultural Sciences (previously having belonged to the Corvinus University of Budapest)
- Kaposvár University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply to the Scholarship Programme: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
Courses will be offered provided the minimum number of students is reached.
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period;
- basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs.
All of the above mentioned costs are financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007. Scholarship students are entitled to the same health care coverage offered to Hungarian students during the course of the scholarship. The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by e-mail consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
All submitted documents must be in English. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.
Application and selection process
The selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2016.
Student selection will take place in two phases:
Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit recommendations to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETED dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. It is important to note that a favourable pre-screening in the first step does not guarantee selection.
Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
Application Deadline: February 28th 2016