Fan Milk is West Africa’s leading dairy company producing and marketing healthy and nutritious frozen flavoured milk, frozen yoghurt, drinking yoghurt, ice cream and juice drinks through a unique vendor route-to-market model.
With a proud heritage since inception in 1963 by Danish merchant and industrialist Erik Emborg, Fan Milk has grown in strength with presence in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast and Benin Republic. In 2012 the world’s largest yoghurt maker, Danone, partnered with Dubai private equity firm Abraaj Group to acquire majority stockholding in Fan Milk International. This has created global synergies hence strengthening Fan Milk’s leadership position in West Africa.
We have a strong portfolio of trusted, quality brands which include FanVanille, SuperYogo, FanCoconut, FanChoco, FanDango Fruit Drink, Fantastic Yoghurt Drink and FanIce Ice Cream.
JOB POSITION: Sales Capability Development Manager
The role would be responsible for creating and implementing training programs and overseeing the development of careers in the Sales organisation. Coordinate performance, competencies and evaluates productivity in the Sales Department.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation):
- Leading and driving the Fanmilk internal and external capability agenda.
- Develop and implement Fan Milk’s training plans/modules for her sales team (all levels) and embed the Fanmilk way of working via on the job coaching -field and classroom training
- Develop Sales Competencies framework for Fan Milk.
- Evaluate and test competencies of the sales team.
- Identify the potentials of high performers and build on their strengths.
- Pool best practise and train the team on how to improve KPI performance.
- Establishes and evaluates metrics for assessing training effectiveness.
- Analyzes and evaluates training needs/gaps on an on-going basis to keep trainings current, effective and result driven
- Develop a process for Regions to reward performing SOs in conjunction with HR
- Ensure the Sales Execution –Tablet solution is function appropriately.
- Ensure accuracy in Sales force KPI Reporting
- Accuracy in Vendors/ Customers weekly sales report
- Manage the Data gathering Unit.
- Develop and implement (with HR) a talent-based hiring program for the SO, RSM etc.
- Develop and implement an induction program for SO, RSM etc.
- Drives and monitors performance evaluation and coaching between NSM/RSMs and RSMs/SO.
- Recruitment and induction; lead the recruitment and induction for vacancies and expansion in the Sales organisation..
- Delivery of the training plan On Time in Full –OTIF
- Drive a winning culture; lead coaching and coordinate monthly Regional meetings and ensure target understanding.
- Maintain and update Sales team information documents
REPORTING AND SCOPE (IPE Factor: Knowledge/teams & breadth):
- The position reports directly to the National Sales Manager – Outdoor
- The scope of this position is domestic & International.
- Direct Reports –Training Manager & Regional Sales Manager – matrix- dotted line
- POP Execution; conduct structured market visits and write feedback reports regarding outlet activations and sales operations.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT (Key Performance Indicators)
- Sales Execution : Tablet Solution functionality.
- Accuaracy in Salesforce KPI Reporting
- Percentage of Employee below competence
- Training hours per employee
- Training Cost/Turnover
- Accuracy in Vendor/ Customer Weekly Sales Report
- ROI on Training
- Training Cost
The ideal candidate:
- He/She must be an outgoing and convincing personality; with a sense of urgency, who can communicate at all levels and persuade key stakeholders in to the right course of action.
- Leadership skills
- A desire to constantly improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches
- Presentation Skills
- Must have exceptional Training management and facilitation skills
- Planning, organising and analytical skills
- Ability to Drive – Possession of valid Driver’s Licence
- Result oriented
- Minimum of first degree in Business Admin, Marketing or other related discipline (2.2)
- The Ideal person must have financial and business acumen.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience in sales of FMCG with multi-cultural/multinational environment.
- IT skills (MS office – Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
LEARNING & Career OPPORTUNITIES
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas;
- Work as a team lead in a large organisation
- Business development skills
- International Leadership programme.
- In-depth business knowledge of Fan Milk business
- Good (internal and external) communication skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply