Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. Wealso provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
In August 2016, the USAID-funded Family Health Plus (FH+) project will convene an Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop for five state-level Family Planning Advocacy Working Groups (FPAWG) in Abuja, Nigeria. During the workshop, each State FPAWG will work toward developing state-specific advocacy strategy. Formalized advocacy strategy documents for each state will serve to guide FPAWG activities for a two-year period.
Job Title: Consultant, Advocacy Strategy Document Development
Objective, Duties and Responsibilities
FH+ is seeking a Consultant to support the development of five (5) advocacy strategy documents?featuring outcomes for each state FPAWG?based on the proceedings of the August 2016 Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop. During the workshop, each state will identify current challenges to FP access and uptake, as well as identify opportunities and strategies to engage state policymakers and drive action for increased investment in FP. The consultant will serve as one of the workshop facilitators, providing hands-on support during the group work and gathering the outcome for inclusion in the strategy documents. The consultant?s main duty will be to create each state?s advocacy strategy document following the workshop, which should feature the specific FP advocacy objectives in each state and the key, costed advocacy activities that will help achieve objectives.
Specifically, the consultant will be responsible for the following scope of work:
- Develop a template for the strategy document and implementation plan;
- Support the FH+ project team in preparing for Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop as needed, to include learning AFP SMART Approach;
- Serve as co-facilitator at Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop along with FH+ project staff. Support the FPAWG representatives in the workshop to complete the requirements of the technical group sessions, to be included in the advocacy strategy documents;
- Supervise the workshop rapporteur to ensure detailed documentations of workshop proceedings and submission of workshop report.
- Develop a 1-2 page background and situation analysis for FP in each of the states for inclusion in the strategy documents;
- Develop the final advocacy strategy document for each of the 5 states, to include costed activities
Schedule of Deliverables and Invoicing
#Report/Deliverables Due date
1 Co-facilitation of Advocacy Capacity Building WorkshopTBD
2 Five (5) final state-level advocacy strategy documents, built on draft advocacy strategy templates, featuring the following:
- Group work proceedings and outcomes from the Advocacy Capacity Building Workshop;
- Background/FP situation analysis; and
- Costed implementation plan (costed activities).
- Minimum Bachelor?s degree in Public Health, or other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience with family planning, reproductive health, and/or population projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the family planning landscape in Nigeria.
- Demonstrated familiarity and experience working with FP stakeholders, including decision-makers at federal, state/FCT, and LGA levels, and FP advocacy organizations.
- Mastery of written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- Strong writing skills, ability to synthesize information into a cohesive report/product.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: No later than September 9, 2016