My client, a leading manufacturing company in SA with a strong presence in Kenya and Nigeria, are looking for a Factory General Manager to run their operations in ABA, Nigeria for a 2 year period.
Job Title: Factory General Manager
Ideally this role would suit an expat with strong general management experience in the manufacturing environment who will lead the business unit operations, integrate the production, procurement, technical, finance and human resources function, to ensure and optimise the business unit profitability and achievement of all plant and business unit objectives, thus contributing to enhancing the shareholder value. Sound knowledge and experience of the manufacturing industry and technical management as well as the external environment, industry and economic trends is essential for this role as well as a formal qualification: NQF6 (one or combination of engineering, science, business degree). If you have 5+ relevant management experience and are passionate about the industry and Africa (having worked and lived there), then this role has been tailor made for
- Lead the business unit to ensuring manufacturing excellence and the achievement of annual plant profitability targets.
- Formulate a 3 year business – manufacturing plan for the plant, aligned with Consol’s strategic objectives.
- Business progress reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual basis regarding all the key manufacturing related statistics, actions implemented, implications and recommendations, to gauge and measure progress to achieve planned targets.
- Ensure factory safety and environmental standards are maintained and enhanced aligned with legislation and Consol policy.
- Ensure adherence to product quality standards and specifications.
- Project management of capital investment/expenditure projects, feasibility and return, aligned with sustaining plant profitability.
- Risk management of plant’s assets and operations, and the broader management of the plant’s business-operational risks.
- Stakeholder relationship management internally, across functions and externally, in the local community.
- Leadership – Plant people management, including the recruitment & selection, performance management, development, reward, communication, staff morale and motivation of staff to ensure optimization of Plant resources, to meet performance objectives.
- R2million to R2.2million CTC per annum + Benefits
- 6 weeks leave per annum
- 2 free passages to your country, in economy class and 2 free passages for spouse, each leave not more than 3 continuous weeks.
- Transportation will be provided which will include a driver.
- Medical benefits: medical treatment and sanitary repatriation, but will not include dental and spectacles.
- Fully furnished accommodation rent free with 1 cook/steward during the contract period.