Over the past 50 years, Churchgate has played a major role in trading, manufacturing, banking and real estate in Nigeria. Today, the vision of our Company is to become the most prominent, reliable property developer in Nigeria’s currently fragmented market. We aim to be at the forefront of projects that will transform Nigeria’s cities.
We have developed a strong reputation that is based on quality and service, and our projects consist of bespoke office towers, luxury residences, and cutting-edge logistic centers. We currently own a land bank in excess of two million square meters in Nigeria has have a strong pipeline of projects that include world-class shopping malls and 5-star hotels.
We are always on the look out for top talent both locally and internationally, so if you feel you would be a good fit, please feel free to forward your CV.
Job Title: Facilities Engineer
The Facilities Engineer will be in charge of Engineering Services at the World Trade Center, Abuja. The WTC Abuja is the only mixed-use development of its kind in West Africa, located in Abuja’s Central Business District. It is a composite development, comprised of high-end residential apartments and AAA office towers, a 5-star hotel and a shopping mall.
- To ensure successful Engineering Service delivery of the facilities in accordance with business objectives.
- The Facilities Engineer (FE) functions as the professional who assists the Senior Facilities Manager in the Engineering service delivery and supporting the management of service delivery in his/her assigned buildings. The Facilities Engineer is responsible for assisting in all aspects of Clients and tenant satisfaction.
- Develop, gain consensus for, and implement the Best Practice / building operation Plan for assigned assets.
- The FE is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all direct reports.
- Establish written goals and objectives for employees directly reporting to the role of FE. Conduct periodic formal and informal performance evaluations. Develop training program and career path for property employees. Assure succession planning.
- The FE is responsible for working directly with the client to ensure a thorough understanding of their objectives and the implementation of acceptable property-specific operating strategies that achieve these required standards. Once developed the FE must oversee the implementation of all approved initiatives and programs, by managing and coordinating the efforts of the FE team (e.g. service providers, contractors, and building employees) to achieve the goals.
- Achieving the building’s engineering plan, engineering specific objectives, consistency and risk management.
- Lead the development, execution and validation of Stretch Energy Savings targets.
- Responsible for delegating and sorting work orders among the technical team. Maintains work order file for invoice back-up in anticipation of receipt of invoices for accounts payable processing.
- Assures compliance with policies, procedures and standard practices
- Developing checklist for various MEP equipment
- Ability to use CMMS system in managing Facilities Management operation
- Ensuring a high level of client satisfaction, establishing and managing the service delivery teams delivering key initiatives
- Ensuring consistency in processes, systems and reporting
- Ensuring the efficient and consistent operation of all facility engineering activities to meet contractual obligations/standards.
- An Engineering Degree qualified in an appropriate Engineering discipline (e.g. Mechanical/Electrical/Building Systems Engineering).
- Proven self-starter that consistently delivers to outcome specifications.
- Proven experience of operating in a similar role and environment.
- This role requires a person with MEP Engineering experience with knowledge of managing a 4-5 star hotel at a Chief engineer or Assistant Chief Engineer level.
- MSc and Facilities Management Certification will be an advantage.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Senior management position.
Remuneration is competitive
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply