Global Profilers – Our client, an Automobile division of a Conglomerate company, is currently recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Workshop Engineer
Ref No: 538
Category: Engineering, Technical
Sector: Automobile Industry
- The Workshop Engineer will provide an on-site technical repair and customer service function to automobile clients for the automobile division of the Conglomerate.
- To provide technical support following company procedures relating to the testing, maintenance and calibration of company rental equipment and ensuring all work is carried out to the highest standards.
- Working closely with vendors ensuring timely arrival of spare parts order / workshop stock.
- To provide advice and feedback to customer(s) on the use of equipment or vehicles.
- Ensuring delivery times are met.
- Communicating effectively with colleagues at all levels to ensure satisfactory information transfer.
- Supervision of designated workshop engineers; establishing and maintaining a high degree of discipline.
- Training of new employees & Trainee Workshop Engineers.
- The calibration and maintenance of test equipment (and even inspecting and test driving vehicles and checking for faults) ensuring all is in satisfactory working order at all times.
- To carry out calibrations and preventative maintenance tasks on a scheduled and planned basis.
- Make sure there is a proper vehicle flow through the workshop.
- Ensure the workshop loading is done effectively.
- Updating maintenance & calibration schedules for rental & test equipment
- Updating the status of rental assets and job reports on company asset tracking system
- Taking responsibility for individual projects, and managing its associated budgets.
- Carrying out other occasional duties related to the scope of the job as requested.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Engineering Automobile Mechanical.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in handling workshop floor independently.
- Excellent automotive technical knowledge.
- Leadership and coaching attributes.
- A creative approach to problem solving and a commitment to keep up to date with new technology.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Maintaining highest standards of safety, ensuring adherence to company HSE Policies at all times
- Ability to use measuring equipment.
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices in all areas of workshop.
- The ability to work within cost constraints and to deadlines.
- Ability to control and maximize productivity from team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online