Smile delivers affordable, high quality and easy to use broadband access and communication services to customers across Africa. Founded in 2007, Smile is at the forefront of harnessing technologies to create innovative solutions that enable the cost-effective deployment of advanced communication services to everyone in Africa.
In 2012, Smile was proud to announce the introduction of the first 4G LTE broadband service in Africa. Smile’s superfast, high-quality and reliable access to the internet is changing the way African people are connecting to the world, at speeds never experienced before.
- Closing high-value corporate and enterprise sales and closely supporting the sales teams in achieving their sales targets.
- Preparation, submission, presentation and negotiation of proposals with customers.
- Direct, monitor and lead the development of corporate and enterprise business sales strategies, business plans, projects and budgets in line with corporate strategy.
- Accountable for the delivery of Smile’s Corporate and Enterprise revenue targets (number of accounts acquired, data volume, number of dedicated enterprise connections sold, and ongoing data service revenues).
- Management of the Smile Corporate and Enterprise P&L up to EBITDA level (revenues, costs of sales, gross margin, OPEX, EBITDA).
- Management of customer support to ensure delivery against the customer’s Service Level Agreements (SLA):
– Through direct reports (account managers and technical support)
– By liaison with other departments such as Networks, Customer Care, Legal,
- Ensuring high quality management of customer accounts, customer reporting and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for all aspects of product development and management to deliver growth and development of Smile Corporate & Enterprise product offering (in accordance with the Smile Group’s policies and procedures).
- Work closely with other sales departments (Direct Sales, Retail and Indirect Channels) especially liaison on sales leads and opportunities that cross departments.
- Liaison with the Marketing department to ensure appropriate marketing and product collateral are developed and available at all times.
- Identification, organization and management of Corporate & Enterprise sales and marketing opportunities, events and activations.
- Research information on competitive pricing, market activities, transaction usage and other information about the targeted markets
- Analysis and reporting of sales and product performance to identify trends and improvements, efficiencies and cost savings.
- Accurate and timely management reporting (weekly, monthly and ad hoc).
- Managing adherence and improvements to the Smile processes that support Smile Corporate & Enterprise sales and management thereof.
- Managing spend in line with the budget.
- Contribute to the short term tactical and long term strategic planning of Sales & marketing function.
- Propose new initiatives, plans and programs to improve the effectiveness of the Corporate & Enterprise sales teams.
- Manage and monitor all Corporate & Enterprise sales contracts sold in the region.
- Engage with each of the internal product groups by providing market data, customer expectations and future product needs such that the product group(s) can effectively design product strategies for said market.
- Accountable for managing department and direct reports to achieve KPIs with participation in regular continuous improvement reviews with sales team members.
- Work closely with technical and product teams on product development and delivery where necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring timely collection of the first bill from the customer by resolving any customer issues with the help of back-end teams and monitoring thereof.
- 10 years’ experience in Sales and Distribution with minimum of 5 years in the telecoms industry.
- Operational sales experience in corporate sales, logistics and marketing is a plus.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Strong leadership, communication and project management skills.
- Strong organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with process focus.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
– Provide leadership, direction and development to all aspects of the Smile indirect distribution and sales channels.
– Implement indirect distribution and sales channel strategies, and accurately and proactively manage sales forecasts. Deliver the sales targets set for Smile’s indirect channels (customer, revenue, cost of sales)
– Work with relevant functions to identify and recruit indirect sales partners within Smile’s coverage areas. Define appropriate remuneration structures and frameworks (commissions, performance bonus, and incentives) to drive Smile’s indirect distribution and sales partners and to deliver the set targets.
– Manage assigned indirect sales resources and their performance to ensure they are appropriately utilized and meet assigned sales and growth targets.
– Monitor and analyze indirect channel sales volumes, pipeline activity and competitive activity and develop plans to beat the set targets. Monitor and manage product line sales activity across the channels to ensure it meets Smile’s standards/parameters.
– Contribute to the development of sales campaigns and collateral material and how it can be applied across the indirect sales channels.
– Ensure superior customer service in line with Smile’s brand promise throughout all Smile indirect distribution and sales channels.
– Coordinate with other functions to efficiently and effectively execute indirect sales channel development and management. Ensure goals and plans are effectively communicated, understood and applied.
– Coordinate activities of planning, recruitment, training and sales support for indirect sales channel partners.
– Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or other business related degree.
– 10 years’ experience in Sales and Distribution with minimum of 5 years in the telecoms or FMCG industry.
– Operational sales experience in indirect sales channels, distribution, logistics and marketing is a plus.
Skills and Competencies
– Strong sales and distribution background.
– Strong leadership, negotiation, communication and project management skills.
– Strong organizational skills with superior attention to detail.
– Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with process focus.
– Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply