Deadline: 2 July, 2015
We are a leading business management consulting practice serving clients across Africa. We work in all major sectors of the economy and levels of government engaging highly trained and sector-experienced consultants. PCL is a wholly owned Nigerian firm with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Johannesburg. Established in 1992, we offer an array of business and management consulting services to government and corporate organizations.
A major Consulting firm is looking for a Head, Research. The Head, Research will direct the development, execution, and analysis of customized research projects. The Head Research will lead the analysis and reporting on all of their projects, including report development, analysis and quality control.
Qualification, Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
- Masters degree required, PhD preferred (in business or social sciences)
- A minimum of 8 years total work experience
- 4 to 6 years of research experience
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and research software
- Superior academic background combined with practical experience preferably across diverse industries and sectors.
- Previous sector research experience a must
- Must be able to ‘translate’ theoretical to practical and ‘academic talk’ to everyday business language
- Superior writing skills – this is a deal breaker and will be tested.
- Accuracy and excruciating attention to detail a must, absence of which is a deal breaker.
- Collaborator – not a ‘lone ranger’
Research Analysts will develop research surveys, gather and validate quality of data and provide research support in business related areas and economic sectors. They will also be responsible for developing and maintaining research databases
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience: at least 1 year post NYSC experience
- Education: superior academic background – school attended and grades: Bachelors degree with a 2:1 (second closs upper) minimum in business, science, social sciences or engineering. Masters degree a definite advantage
- Report writing: superior writing skills – will be tested
- Attention to detail: accuracy and attention to detail – crucial
- Editing:.excellent proofreading and editing ability
- Data Gathering: knowledge of and ability to source data from various sources
- Quantitative: strong quantitative skills; proficiency in the use of Excel, Pivot tables and other tools for data analysis
- Data manipulation and interpretation: ability to collate, distill, analyze and make sense of disparate pieces of information from a variety of sources in creative ways.
- Passion for investigation: must have the passion to investigate and dig deeper in order to find grass root solutions/answers to problems
The Content Editor will be required to enhance the quality of the firm’s intellectual property. He/She will be required to correct spelling, grammar and layout (proofreading) and check content overall. He/She will impose consistent style and re-word or re-write (copy-editing) the firm’s materials, ensuring these materials are clear and consistent, complete and credible. Incumbent will also ensure that text is well written, grammatically correct and accessible.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Experience: 3 years experience in a role with editorial responsibilities
- Education: Masters degree in any of the following; English, English literature, Law, Journalism or Linguistics
- Attention to detail: accuracy and attention to detail – this is a deal breaker and will be tested
- Passion for investigation: must hove the passion to investigate and dig deeper
- Should be widely read
General Ledger Accountant
In this role, you’ll be utilizing your technical accounting expertise to provide the following support:
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Quarterly balance sheet and P & L Fluctuation Analysis
- Monthly departmental expense variance analysis
- Inter-company transactions and reconciliations
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Audit and Tax interface
- Interface with management in various departments, including services, sales & operations.
- Assist Financial Manager on other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- ICAN professional qualification in progress.
- Strong technical accounting background.
- At least 3 years general ledger accounting experience is required
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft application
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization
- Oracle R12 financial application experience mandatory
The purpose of MS field technician functional role is to perform the following field activities: corrective and preventive maintenance, planned work as well as provisioning of Multi-Customer, Multi Technology networks.
The respective responsibilities of Field Technician-Active are described below:
- The Field Technician is working with Service/Resource layer activities associated to Infrastructure and Readiness-Fulfillment and Assurance.
- The Field Technician is responsible for the On-site Field Operations activities of the services(s) and/or resource elements in the Network, within his/her Functional Skill(s).
- The Field Technicians shall be aware of contractual SLA requirements on a customer by customer basis; Achieve correct level of first time resolution of work within contract SLA and be commited to strive and complete all work assigned within SLA timescales and to adhere to established procedures and quality standards.
- The field Technician shall support and co-operate with all internal/external customers and the general public in an exemplary manner
- The Field Technicians shall participate in a 24 x 7 x 365 callout rota, and they have to work out of hours/out of area to support reactive and planned work requests.
- Field Technicians works under guidance of MS Engineer and/or MS Technicians and follows pre-prepared Work Instructions, Procedures and/or routines and also demonstrate proactive self-development in order to ensure ability to work across multiple customer networks and equipment.
- Field Technician replaces faulty assets in the network equipments, fills in the trouble reports and sends the faulty spares to the repair centers.
- Field Technician shall keep the Client’s assets such as tools, test equipments and car in good working order during their work period.
- Field Technician shall do travel expenses and time reporting according to local policies
- Field Technician shall comply with the Client/Customer’s Health and Safety policy at all times (dependant upon which policy is the most stringent). They shall wear all appropriated safety garments and gadgets when required.
The main activities for the field technician are the following:
Field Technician on site activities:
- Corrective: Correction of faults in the network based on priority (SLA contracts) Correction activities cannot be planned.
- Preventive Maintenance, Preventive maintenance tasks to be performed in the network according to agreed schedule (daily, weekly, monthly etc.) Preventive maintenance can be planned fully in advance
- Provisioning (installation & integration), Pre-defined and pre-priced, standard tasks. Based on a number of specified types of activities Can be planned in advance (Days, weeks).
- Planned work, Planned corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance outside agreed schedule performed in the network and can be planned in advance.
All Field Engineers in FSO are required to have the ability to climb towers as a pre-requisite for recruitment. It is required to have both passive and active competence preferably for multivendor equipment.
Method of Application
All interested and qualified applicants are required to apply for the job role of their choice at:
All applications must be sent in within two weeks of this publication.