The University of Ibadan is the oldest and prestigious Nigerian University and is located in Ibadan, one of the three largest cities in Africa. It has attained a position of eminence in various disciplines and remains a major pioneer in the development of research in Africa.
The position of Bursar of the University of Ibadan, Nigeria will become vacant with effect from 18 November, 2015. Therefore, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Bursar
- Applicants must possess a Degree in any of Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or any other related discipline with a minimum of second class lower as well as a relevant Master’s Degree. In addition, applicant must possess professionally recognized Accountancy qualifications of any of the following: ACA, ACMA, CPA, ACCA. ICAN or ANAN.
- Applicants should not be older than 60 years old as at date of possible assumption of duty on 19th November, 2015.
- He/She must also be computer literate with a working knowledge of good Accounting packages.
- Applicants must have a minimum of Fifteen (15) years cognate post professional qualification experience in a tertiary institution/relevant organization, and must have a minimum of Five (5) residency at the level of a Deputy Bursar or its equivalent
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and, in accordance with the University Act, the Chief Finance Officer of the University.
- He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- Applicants for this key management position must be candidates with vision, proven professional distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life, who should be able to provide the management of the University with appropriate advice and support for all of the institution’s financial transactions.
- The right candidate should also have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the needs of the University, command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the institution.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of BURSAR of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time-to-time by the Government/Governing Council as appropriate.
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a period of five (5) years.
- The appointment my however, subject to satisfactory performance be extended for another one (1) year and no more by the Governing Council
- Fringe benefit include a Pension Scheme in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved time-to-time by the Government/University Council
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward application and Thirty-five (35) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae stating the following:
- Full name(surname first);
- Date of Birth (not age)
- Marital Status
- State of Origin
- Postal/E-mail Address
- Full Qualifications with dates
- Work experience(s)
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees.
- They should also forward not more than a two page statement of their vision and mission for the Bursary Department of a mature University along with two (2) Photocopies of their Certificates to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Ibadan,
All application are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelop marked “Post of Bursar, University of Ibadan”
Applicant are requested to inform their Referees to send Confidential Report on them, using letter-headed papers, direct to the Registrar and Secretary to Council University of Ibadan, from whom further details may be obtained
Note: Only applications of shortlisted candidate will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 29th September, 2015.