Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. With more than 110,000 professionals, and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. Our services, software and infrastructure – especially in mobility, broadband and the cloud – are enabling the communications industry and other sectors to do better business, increase efficiency, improve their users’ experience and capture new opportunities.
Job Title: Business and Operations Consultant
Ericsson sub-Saharan Africa is looking for senior and principal consultants with strong telecommunications industry experience in the operations consulting and transformation domains. Your role will be to sell and deliver enterprise transformation and business process improvement projects to telecoms clients. Work with CIOs to improve operations across IT, OSS, BSS and Marketing Sales business domains to ensure our customers maximize their technology investments.
The Following Experience Is Essential
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT, network and business processes in the areas of OSS, BSS and network technology
- Working knowledge of using and supporting ITIL and/or eTOM standards
- Proven sales and delivery record with a focus on transformation and/or operational transformation and efficiency programs
- The ability to create robust value propositions and business cases for systems and process transformation
- Prior consulting experience from within a consulting practice
If you are interested in getting exposure to Africa, like to travel, be exposed to cutting edge technology that makes a difference to our continent, then apply to join our growing and dynamic consulting team.
Ericsson Consulting has 12,000 Strategy, Operations & Technology consultants, delivering more than 1,500 consulting and systems integration engagements a year. Serving clients for 10 years across 180+ countries we are building a great track record. This is a great opportunity to work for a dynamic company with global career options.
- Sell and deliver enterprise transformation and business process improvement projects to telecoms clients
- Shape and lead holistic programs that translate operational shortfalls into transformation programs
- Define roadmaps for organization change and process development
- Undertake capability and assessments across processes and systems
- Support operators in defining data requirements and leveraging real time data to drive improved customer experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written) – able to explain complex concepts
- Consultative selling knowledge
- Team and stakeholder management
- Deep telecommunications industry knowledge
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT, network and business processes in the areas of OSS, BSS and Network technology in wireline or wireless environments.
- Proven sales and delivery record with a focus on transformation and/or operational transformation and efficiency programs for telecommunications companies.
- Working knowledge of using and supporting ITIL, eTOM and security standards. Certification in one or more of these standards is a plus. TOGAF and Frameworx knowledge beneficial.
- Understanding of processes and architecture related to fulfilment, assurance and billing
- Managing cross functional teams
- Experience and ability to interact with senior (C-Level) stakeholders
- 4 years + experience in consulting
- 3 years + experience within telecommunications industry architecting end-2end solutions or leading transformation projects
- Willingness and ability to travel in Africa up to 75% of the time
- Minimum relevant 3 year Bachelor’s degree (postgraduate qualification recommended)
- Location: South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Nigeria (NG) || Lagos