Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Energy Sales Representative (ESR)
Advert Code: IE-2016-12-08714641400
Reporting To: Energy Sales Supervisor (ESS)
- Perform sales and marketing of electricity, management of allocation of energy and driving collections of energy billed to the customer.
- Ability to manage customer relationship relating to meter reading and bill distribution.
- Conducting advance metering activities (energy aggregation, energy analysis, energy loss analysis, bill determinants and dynamic tariffs etc.)
- Performing remote monitoring of meter behaviour using human machine interfaces (HMI)
- Performing remote energy usage tracking
- Customer meter reading and capturing meter status/remark.
- Providing customer meter reading books/cycle and updating reading sequence.
- Performing manual data entry for customer meter reading and meter reading status on a daily basis.
- Managing meter reading instrument availability for meter reading activities.
- Preparing daily reading upload batch files.
- Prepare exception reports.
- Bill distribution to customers.
- Meter reading and bill distribution reporting.
- Performing on site activities/supervision/site visit with regards to installed meters.
- Monitoring of prepaid meters
- Special customer meters re-reading/site visit.
- New customer capture and periodic customer tariff reclassification
- Coordinating with other departmental officers to attend to customer complaints related to meter reading activities.
- Managing all customers’ complaints related to meter reading within areas of jurisdiction.
- Managing Customer accounts maintenance to avoid build-up of unrealistic debts(vacant premises, etc)
- First degree (B.SC or H.N.D) in Marketing, Social Sciences or any relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years field experience in sales and marketing.
- Basic computer proficiency (MS Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of the power industry
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task effectively.
- Good Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail.
- Analytical Skills
Job Title: Distribution Sub-Station Operator (DSO)
Advert Code: IE-2016-12-081076398219
Reporting To: Load Coordination Specialist
- Regulates flow of electricity through substation of electric power system and over distribution lines to consumers:
- Records readings of switchboard instruments to compile data concerning quantities of electric power used for substation operation and amounts distributed from station.
- Inspecting, operating and maintaining substations and distribution apparatus consistent with safety regulation.
- Controlling equipment such as Current converter, Voltage transformers and Circuit breakers to regulate the flow of electricity through substations and overhead distribution lines to customers
- Reporting outages, load data to load dispatcher and receiving switching instructions
- Switching and maintaining sub-station equipment for proper operation.
- Performs switching operations in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintains daily operating log on all operations, both routine and emergency, and reports on line outages and weather conditions.
- Recording hourly readings of indicating and integrating meters, and changes, marks and checks charts of recording instruments.
- Issues protective tags through established safe clearance procedures for all equipment in the network and substation
- Periodical and regular inspection of station both inside control room and outside in the switch yard to determine proper operation of facilities and maintain security
- Records temperature of transformers at specified intervals.
- Prepares the equipment for operation and starts, stops and controls the units, adjusting the load and voltage and accessory regulating equipment as required.
- Observe switchboard instruments to detect indications of line disturbances, such as grounded, shorted, or open circuit.
- Analyzing problems to determine type of repairs necessary and informing appropriate personnel.
- Notes changes in load and make routine adjustments to meet such changes without immediate supervision. Reports unusual situations to appropriate quarters.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager
- National Diploma (OND) in Electrical/Electronics Engineering with at least 0-2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of technical handbooks, standards specifications and best practices
- Power Industry Knowledge
- HSE Knowledge
- Good Communication
- Analysis and Reporting Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd December, 2016.