Nosak Group – We are a reputable, world class, dynamic, creative and result oriented organization, with group of companies located in the major cities in the country.
Nosak Group urgently requires the services of the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
- Ensure proper documentation maintained and payments are received and properly recorded throughout the process life cycle.
- Monitor the quality, cost, and efficiency of both the movement and storage of goods.
- Coordinate and control the order cycle including any associated information systems
- Analyze data to allow for monitoring performance and plan any necessary improvements
- Allocate and manage staff resources based upon changing needs Leasing and negotiating with customers and suppliers.
- Develop the business as needed by analyzing logistical problems and developing new solutions Manage staff training and development requirements Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, or accounting.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Setting of department objectives.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services and negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting, tracking goods in transit and sending situation alerts to clients or maintaining a customized transportation metrics.
- Implement and adhere to all health and safety procedures including maintenance schedule
- Ensure the inventory of spare parts is up to date, visits the warehouse at least 3 times a month.
- Receiving briefings and situation report from the onsite supervisors, administrative staff and ensure all the management personnel are kept informed of status changes.
- Maintains and provide daily records and report of expenses and activities.
- Monitoring of all vehicles on transit and making sure they adhere to schedule but coordinating with the o site supervisors.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Develop and implement policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Coordinating, Managing and Supervising drivers activities through the onsite supervisors
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions, and to monitor or assess performance self and team members or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- High level of computer literacy with particular reference to Excel and generic logistic management systems.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and to give full attention to what other people are saying.
- Integrity: being honest and ethical.
- Analytical Thinking: analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Communication skills: ability to communicate effectively in English both written and orally.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Critical thinking and Problem solving skills.
- Time management skills.
- Negotiation skills
- Dependability: being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations. Attention to Detail: being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation: being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Reporting Skills: ability to analyze data and produce reports using of MS Excel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s or full details to: [email protected] using the job code as the subject of mail.