The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is a pan-African financial institution with diplomatic status in its current 41 African member countries. Headquartered in Lagos (Nigeria), Africa Re is the leading reinsurance company in Africa and the Middle East, with continental network of regional and local offices in Lagos (Nigeria), Casablanca (Morocco), Nairobi (Kenya), Abidjan (Câte d’lvoire), Ebéne (Mauritius), Cairo (Egypt) and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) as well as two subsidiaries: Africa Re (South Africa) Ltd in Johannesburg and Africa Retakaful Ltd in Cairo (Egypt). The Corporation shareholding is split between African (75%) and Non-African (2 5%) investors. African shareholding comprises 41 African states, the AfDB and more than 100 African insurance/reinsurance companies from the 41 member countries.
Africa-Re announces the vacancy for the position of an Enterprise Risk Management Officer (Grade Level 553) in the Department of Risk Management and Compliance.
African Reinsurance Corporation is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Enterprise Risks Management Officer
- Provide necessary technical and administrative support to the department in ensuring effective performance.
- Assist in Risk data collection and analysis
- Support in monitoring risk exposure and compliance
- Assist in Managing business continuity strategy
- Generating and preparing risk reports
- Support in enterprise-wide risk sensitization and communication
- Support in coordinating rating exercises
- Support in the risk management processes
- Support in managing risk management software
- Assist in risk and capital modelling
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Management.
Main Competencies Required for this Position
- Sound knowledge in data analysis and interpretation of financial statements;
- Very high numerical and analytical skills
- Very high integrity and good sense of responsibility;
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to quickly build good and sustainable relationship with stakeholders;
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel tool and excellent skills in other MS Office app liçations (Word, Access, PowerPoint).
- Sound knowledge of the financial services industry
- Very good reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as proven writing skill
- Ability to multitask and proven fast-learning ability
Qualifications and Professional Experience
- First University Degree in relevant fields plus 4 years post qualification relevant qualitative work-related experience with emphasis in a relevant discipline preferably in Actuary/Insurance/Reinsurance or other numerical disciplines.
- Relevant work experience Risks Management in a Reinsurance/ Company or Reinsurance Department of an Insurance Company or a financial institution shall be an added advantage.
- Applicants must be nationals of member States of Africa Re;
- Candidates must not be more than 30 years old.
- Should be fluent in English Language. However, a basic knowledge of French language will be an added advantage;
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS3
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
- Transport Allowance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Complete Employment Form
Application Deadline 30th June, 2016.