Chris Ejik Group – Incorporated in 1987, Chris Ejik Group is a multi dimensional company with interest in Power Generation & Transmission, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Products, Electronics, and Agro Allied Products. Carving a niche for itself, Chris Ejik Group and its subsidiaries operates in several sectors of the Nigerian economy and is on the move to cover more grounds.
Chris Ejik Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facility Engineer
- Participate in the analysis and documentation of short and long term infrastructure/facility requirements/needs.
- Ensure required utility bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Work with and monitor the performance of all external technicians or contractors where they are engaged to execute specified contract jobs and report to the Executive Director.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out as scheduled.
- Liaise with the maintenance engineer in managing emergency situations that might arise from mechanical/system/electrical failure.
- Manage the interface between teams and across functions in the organisation in order to ensure smooth functioning of the unit.
- Ensure that periodic activity status and performance reports for the unit are prepared for the attention of the Executive Director.
- Periodically review the department’s policies and procedures and recommend improvement opportunities to the Executive Director.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Maintenance engineer in overseeing the implementation of policy amendments once relevant approvals have been obtained.
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair, making notes and recommendations using pre-established inspection log at regular intervals.
- Articulate the short and long term infrastructural requirements of all business units and establish an acquisition plan to meet these requirements.
- Plans and implements the design of plants, offices, and production lines in order to maximize the use of available space and improve production efficiency.
- Liaise with the Finance and Accounts department to ensure that the required items are provided for in the budget.
- Work closely with the IT officer in Planning, coordinating, and implementing network and information security measures to ensure that the infrastructure is not compromised.
- Attend to problems reported by the technicians relating to CEG facilities and make recommendations for prompt and timely support requirements.
- Develop/update contingency plans in the event of disaster or damage to the organisation’s facilities.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Engineer in oversee the execution of all routine maintenance, renovations and refurbishment works and activities for the organisation.
- Ensure timely and adequate repairs and maintenance of all faulty utilities.
- Proactively initiate and maintain good relationships with all utility vendors and regulatory bodies.
- Provide input in the formulation of Pharma Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Perform periodic visit to all project locations to ensure compliance with operating procedures.
- Ensure that all CEG facilities are in perfect condition at all time and to notify management of necessary repairs/maintenance to be done promptly as they arise.
- Track global and local best practices in facility management and notify Executive Director accordingly.
- Liaise with the maintenance engineer in coordinating the unit’s activities and conduct periodic meetings to define team goals/targets and agree workplans, consistent with the overall departmental business objectives.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates and monitor them to ensure timely delivery of high quality results.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed by the Board of Directors or Executive Director.
- Educational qualifications in Civil Engineering preferably
- 2 years cognate experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume as an attachment to: [email protected]