Pacific Drilling (NYSE: PACD) – With our best-in-class drillships and highly experienced team, Pacific Drilling is a fast-growing company committed to becoming the industry’preferred ultra-deepwater drilling contractor. Since initiating construction of our first four rigs in 2008, Pacific Drilling has grown into a successful, premium drilling contractor with more than 1,500 employees and contracts with the highest-quality clients in the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: 1st Engineer
- The 1st Engineer is in charge and to act as a leader in executing preventative / corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing maintenance repairs to equipment pertaining to engine room and auxiliary equipment areas.
- The 1st Engineer coordinates the preventive/corrective maintenance tasks and ongoing maintenance repairs.
- He/she communicates on a daily bases with the other departments to plan maintenance to prevent non-productive time.
- He/she communicates daily with the Mechanical Supervisor and Technical Superintendent to ensure maximum efficiency and preservation of the assets onboard; and is responsible to ensure the accuracy of data entered in the Computer Maintenance management System (CMMS) by all persons in his/her department.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Using the CMMS, coordinate planning and execution of preventive maintenance with a minimum of 6 week overview to cover current hitch and half of back to back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate historical record of all maintenance done as well as equipment certification documents.
- Inform Technical Superintendent and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect safe operation of the vessel.
- Liaise with Marine department.
- Ensure that all maintenance is planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with and doesn’t interfere with well programs, Pacific Drilling requirements and contractual obligations.
- Ensure all actitivites are carried out according to Flag, State, Class and contractual requirements.
- Act as a safety leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation Procedures.
- Supervise and assist in completing the preventive and corrective maintenance, repairs of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components of Power Plant and related Auxiliary Systems, Dynamically Positioning Equipment and Auxiliary Systems, Ballast and Bilge Systems, Remote Operated Valve Systems, Boilers, Incinerators, Compressed Air Systems and equipment including both Service Air and Starting Air, Emergency Shutdown Systems, Safety Systems and Zero Discharge equipment, Lifeboats and Fast Rescue Craft, Living Quarters and related Support Systems
- Under all circumstances maintain a minimum amount of spares onboard.
- Ensure that members of the department have all necessary competencies and skills to perform.
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid STCW 78 (as amended) refresher certificates required to maintain the “Certificate of Competency” (STCW A-III/2 2nd Class Motor).
- Extensive training and experience with electrical and hydraulic systems on, or equivalent with, offshore floating deepwater 5th or 6th generation rigs, including high voltage experience (1000V or higher) preferred.
- Senior School certificate (SSCE)/ West Africa Examination Council (WAEC)/ GCE O/L, OND in Nigeria is equivalent of 2 years associate degree in U.S., while HND or BSc is for 4 years (with at least 120 credits/units)
- Nigerian In Country – resident
- Five (5) years of offshore experience on a dynamically positioned drilling vessel with a minimum of one year in the position of Chief Engineer (US) or First Engineer (2nd Engineer Europe).
- An unlimited horsepower 1st engineer’s (2nd class motor) license/certificate of competency, without limitations of horsepower, issued by his/her National Maritime Administration in compliance with the STCW Code.
- Fluent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- High School Diploma/GED
How to Apply
Click here to apply