EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival. In 20 countries around the world, we train health care professionals and partner with governments and communities to make high-quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services available—today and for generations to come.
JOB TITLE: Project Manager, Fistula Care Plus, Nigeria
PROJECT: Fistula Care Plus
REPORTS TO: Project Director, Fistula Care Plus
EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
Fistula Care Plus is a five-year global project funded by USAID and managed by EngenderHealth in partnership with the Population Council, Di Magi Associates, Direct Relief, the Fistula Foundation (U.S.), the Maternal Health Task Force, and Terrewode. The main purpose of the project is to prevent and repair obstetric fistula.
The Project Manager has responsibility for management, implementation and achievement of results of the Fistula Care Plus Project in Nigeria, under the direction of the Project Director. S/he manages relationships with in-country agencies, EngenderHealth Headquarters, EngenderHealth global project management, partners, and other key stakeholders. S/he has program, managerial and fiscal responsibility for implementation of the project activities in Nigeria under a pre-defined strategic framework for the project, including ensuring compliance with donor’s and EngenderHealth’s regulations, policies and procedures. S/he will have direct responsibility for supervision of designated staff. S/he oversees and works closely and in a complementary fashion with other key personnel, internal and external stakeholders to effectively lead and manage the project in Nigeria.
- Leads implementation and monitoring of the Project strategy in coordination with USAID, the Ministry of Health, other in-country counterparts; EngenderHealth’s management, project staff, out of country partners, and other key stakeholders
- Leads and manages the performance of project staff to ensure delivery of project results to highest quality standards, in accordance with local statutory, EngenderHealth requirements and USAID rules and regulations
- Timely, high-quality implementation and evaluation of approved workplans and budgets
- Timely reporting on project programmatic, financial, and operational matters to Project Director and appropriate Core team members
- Coordinates closely with the Project Director for technical assistance to support delivery of high quality project outcomes and application of best practices in accordance with EngenderHealth’s comprehensive programming approach
- Proactively communicates and responds to all relevant internal and external stakeholders in all significant matters related to the performance of the project
- Represents the project at a local level to country partners, other donors and cooperating agencies and reports collaboration plans and outputs to Project Director
- Ensures the project staff maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with all partners, other donors, stakeholders, and other collaborating agencies
- Proactively communicates with country partners on project strategy and workplans, and addresses any partnership issues as the need arises
- Ensures full transparency towards compliance with Engenderhealth policies and standard operating procedures and USAID rules and regulations toward effective achievement of results, collaboration, teamwork, and a good working environment
- Provides programmatic and technical leadership and ensures adequate implementation support to project staff
- Obtains Project Director’s approval for participation in major meetings or publications
- Contributes to ongoing environmental scan for country-level business development
- Carries out all duties assigned by Project Director
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in health sciences or related advanced degree relevant to the field of RH/FP.
- Minimum of 10 years senior level programmatic and technical experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with management of donor programs including USAID
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills working with the staff of large, complex programs addressing a variety of social and health issues, particularly pertaining to reproductive health and family planning in developing countries
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of reproductive health and/or maternal health and experience in the design and implementation of such programs
- A proven leader, manager, and mentor, with excellent interpersonal skills, capable of directing and managing change, and inspiring teamwork and high-performing teams
- A proven ability to meet deadlines in a high volume working environment
- Demonstrated strong multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated leadership in working and collaborating with other donors and a wide range of USAID and other donor-funded organizations
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with high-level accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience nurturing public and private partnerships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills applicable in a wide variety of settings
- Demonstrated leadership in working with country officials from the public, private commercial, and NGO sectors
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience of working at a senior level in international organizations
- Significant experience of providing field – based programmatic leadership in the area of expertise on either a short or long term basis.
- Fluency in English
- Ability to travel up to 25%, mostly internally in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.