Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates for the following job positions at University of Port Harcourt:
Job Title: Senior Information Officer
Location: Port Harcourt
- The successful candidates will be expected to join the production team of the Information, Publications and Public Relations Unit of the Vice-Chancellor’s Office.
- They would be deployed to the Proofreading Section and should also be ready to take on additional responsibilities as may be assigned to them from time to time.
- In addition to their basic academic qualifications, candidates would also be evaluated on their demonstrated capacity to produce results under pressure.
- The right candidates should possess good honours degrees in Mass Communications, English, Linguistics or Theatre Arts from recognized universities.
- The job is very demanding and may require extra working hours to accomplish each job schedule.
- Candidates must be computer literate and also hold membership of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and other relevant professional bodies.
- Candidates applying for the job should possess not less than six (6) years post-qualification experience, excellent communication skills and good interpersonal relations, and must demonstrate team spirit in the line of duty.
Conditions of Service
- Salary Grade Level: Successful candidates shall commence their career on CONTISS 09.
- Other condition of service are as applicable in the Federal University system in Nigeria.
Job Title: Chief Procurement Officer
Location: Port Harcourt
- To head the Procurement Unit of the University of Port Harcourt.
- To be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in all procurement matter.
- To plan and implement all requirements of the University in line with Public Procurement Act, 2007.
- To keep Procurement records of the University
Candidate must possess the following to be considered for the post:
- First degree/HND in the following areas from a recognized University: Purchasing and Supply, Business Administration, Statistics, Financial Studies, Law, Computer Science, Accounting, Economics, Engineering/Technology, Marketing, Insurance, Quantity Surveying and other relevant disciplines.
- At least  years post qualification experience and he/she must have worked as Head of Procurement Unit in a tertiary institution for a period not less than five [5) years.
- Must have received the relevant training from the Bureau of Public and passed relevant examination(s).
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have attained the rank of not below that of an Assistant Director.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria will be an added advantage.
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager.
- Knowledge of Sourcing and Procurement techniques as well as dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Talent in negotiating and networking.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management Software.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with members of staff.
- Experience in collecting and Analysing data.
- Strong Leadership capabilities.
CONTISS 13 Step 1-9 = N3,632,404 ÷ 12 = N302,700.33
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should be accompanied with, among others copies of the following documents, ten  copies each:
- First School Leaving Certificate.
- West African School Certificate/Professional Certificates [if any]
- Degree Certificate/HND Certificate
- National Youth Service Corp Certificate/Exemption Certificate
- Birth Certificate of Age.
- Evidence of Training by BPP
- Acceptance of Retirement Letter for those already retired.
Detailed Application/Curriculum Vitae:
University of Port Harcourt,
The envelope should be marked Senior Information Officer or Chief Procurement Officer; for the Attention of the Registrar. Candidates should request their referees to forward three  references on their behalf to the Registrar.
Note: Candidates invited for interview should bring along with them the originals of their credentials.