The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The Institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University, and is in the process of setting up a Faculty of Law. In furtherance of regulatory requirements, the University invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill positions for its planned Law Program.
AUN is seeking for a permanent Records Officer. This position is a local one and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the Employee Welfare and Retention Officer Vacancy at The American University of Nigeria (AUN)
Job Position: Employee Welfare and Retention Officer
Department: Human Resources & Planning
Summary of Position
- The Employee Welfare & Retention Officer oversees AUN’s employee adjustment & orientation plans, policy and procedures.
- The Officer works to assist new hires achieve full productivity faster and strengthen new hire retention by ensuring that all necessary tools needed for work are readily available for the employee as prescribed in the university’s policies and procedures.
Detailed Listing of Responsibilities
Responsible for preparing and leading the welcome team:
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all readiness for the arrival of a new hire at the airport, motor park, or main gate.
- Meet and welcome new hire
- Inform new hire about next steps to take
- Inform new hire buddy about responsibilities
Responsible for orientation and full on-boarding program for new employees:
- Schedule and coordinate the employee’s Introduction to the AUN
- Introduce new employee to other department members
- Develop orientation schedules and materials for orientation
- Organize and manage logistics orientation program
- Liaise with other HR staff and other University staff to ensure seamless on boarding process for new employees
- Responsible for buddy system for new employees
- Responsible for on-boarding activities/events (such as Jabbama) for new employees
- Design HR metrics to track efficiency of onboarding programs for strategic planning and make recommendations for new and/or revised strategies and activities
- Develops and implements employee relations and wellness programs and processes
- Coordinate employee wellness program by ensuring that programs are run smoothly and efficiently
- Conduct regular surveys to gather feedback on current wellness programs, as well as to gather data on developing new programs
- Design HR metrics to track efficiency of wellness programs for strategic planning and make recommendations for new and/or revised programs
- Develop wellness calendar for staff to keep updated on wellness activities and events
- Recommend and implement new strategies to engage employees to support employee relations and retention
- Implements employee retention policies and programs
- Analyze trends in recruitment, terminations and resignations to develop strategies for improved retention rates
- Develop HR metrics to track retention trends and cost-per-hire data
- Develop employee surveys and other methods to gather data/feedback on employee relations and retention issues
- Participate in employee exit interviews and recommend/implement strategies to address major reasons for employee disengagement
- Participate in mediation and grievance processes to understand workplace issues that may affect retention rates
- Participate in employee training and professional development activities and gather data on employee feedback for these programs
- Develop strategic strategies to improve retention rates among various employee groups; liaise with Records to keep abreast of recruitment and termination/resignation numbers on a regular basis
Requirements for the Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or related field and three to five years of human resource experience.
- Knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines.
- Strong knowledge in employee retention, surveys/benchmarking and activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
- Experience with MS-Office.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Able to work under stress to meet tight deadlines and handling multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Self-motivated, independent and proactive.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to:[email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Closing Date
31st of July, 2015.