Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger | ACF International saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With more than 35 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity, ACF runs life-saving programs in over 45 countries.
Job Title: Emergency Logistic Manager
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Key activities in your role will include
- Supervising the logistics team at base level
- Managing the supply chain function at base level
- Managing fleet and transport at base level
- Supervising the management of equipment at base level
- Contributing to sound financial management at base level
- Communication management at base level
- Building the capacity of other departments at base level in working with logistics documentation
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?You’ve broad experience in humanitarian logistics
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field.
- You have at least 3 years’ extensive experience in logistics management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work.
- You have demonstrated professional experience working in a fast paced and complex humanitarian emergency contexts.
- You have a good general knowledge of IT, mechanics, communications, supply chain management & procurement.
You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple activities
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You take pride in planning not just the best case scenario but also for multiple contingencies.
- You like to find & implement straight-forward solutions to tricky questions. You balance finding quick answers to immediate problems with planning projects that take a longer time to execute.
- You understand that the logistics function plays an invaluable role in keeping ACF’s core activities operational. You take pride meeting deadlines & following procedures correctly & keeping logistical documentation up-to-date.
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well as the organization’s policies & procedures – both verbally & in writing. Your reports are timely, comprehensive & well-written.
- You ensure your teams remain aware of changes in security conditions, challenges faced by the program implementers & any new contextual developments.
Your work style builds confidence within your team
- You maintain a mature and problem solving attitude when confronted with difficult situations.
- You remain calm and professional under pressure and encourage others to maintain efficiency and effectiveness as well.
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language, speaking tactfully & listening carefully to others. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms & are comfortable explaining & reinforcing policies & procedures to a team.
- You have a high degree of emotional intelligence demonstrating strong self-awareness and the ability to take responsibility for your actions
- You are able to motivate and encourage others to deliver high standards of work
- You’re genuinely enthusiastic about helping the logistics teams achieve their objectives. You like to pass on to others what you’ve learnt & thrive on the variety of logistics activities that fall within this role’s scope of responsibility.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply