GE (NYSE: GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the “GE Store,” through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors.
Job Title: Electrical Field Engineer
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Customer service mindset
- Strong organizational and project management skills (prior experience preferred)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal and leadership skills
- Willingness and ability to travel significantly with no geographical restrictions
- Must have ability to perform night work as required to meet business needs
- Must have a valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one
- Provide onsite technical direction on Electrical systems, Excitation, Protection system checks and system tests during startup, commissioning and maintenance on customer owned power generation and industrial facilities (Power generation includes customer owned utilities, marine drives, industrial power plants and nuclear power plants utilizing gas and steam turbines; Industrial facilities include power generation, marine, petrochemical, paper, steel, automotive and transportation industries)
- Prepare job-planning documents that define the Electrical system scope of the outage
- Utilize problem solving skills, engineering instructions, drawings, and process instructions for Steam/Gas turbine commissioning and start-up.
- Provide input for Daily Outage and Weekly Installation Reports.
- Communicate effectively with, CSLs, Outage Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Directors regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Possess technical capacity to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for a wide range of equipment/GE system vintages
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Troubleshoot Electrical operations and maintenance problems in the steam and/or gas turbine technologies
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply