eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Grant Officer
- Provide quality and proper stewardship of grants by managing the financial resources of donors and U.S. federal government.
- To coordinate the administrative and financial aspects of grants, federal awards, and cooperative agreements by reviewing budget completeness, and coordinates post award actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Function as primary point of contact for in-country eHA central office for grant-related issues.
- Handles the day-to-day grant management (non-programmatic) aspects of grants.
- Develops and implements systems and monitoring procedures to ensure proper stewardship of funds.
- Communicates regularly with eHA finance department, donor, or CDC Public Health Advisors.
- Accounts for its funds to donor and CDC on sub-contractors execution.
- Conduct quarterly procurement plan to be reviewed and approved by PHA on funds request
- Maintain separate account for grant funds.
- Document financial management and budget procedures.
- Adheres to eHA written policy requirements for financial management on comprehensive internal controls, financial management system, sub-contracts, and audits.
- With Program Managers, conduct both semi-annual and annual performance and progress reports on budget and spend plans on current and next budget period.
- With Program Managers, conduct both semi-annual and annual performance & progress reports on work plans for the next budget period.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- University Degree in Public Health, Science, Business, Finance, Public Administration, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience at national and international levels in administration and project management in the public health field.
- Experience in coordinating and collaborating preparedness activities (e.g. data collection, analysis, planning, and monitoring). Management and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of funding management techniques to plan and organize public health program operations.
- Knowledge of funding concepts, principles, methods, and techniques of public health program administration.
- Knowledge of funding requirements to manage, oversee and monitor public health projects and/or programs.
- Knowledge of the U.S. Government Code Federal Regulations (CFR) and Office of Budget and Management (OMB).
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary officials or groups.
- Skill in written and oral communication.
- Excellent presentation skills
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Expert knowledge of English. Intermediate knowledge of Krio is a plus.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.