We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Department Manager
The Operations Department Manager provides strategic leadership and direction of all operations activities within eHealth Africa. Oversees, supervises, and coordinates all operation activities of eHA with other departments and outside agencies to ensure accurate, expedient and efficient delivery of services. S/he is responsible for administration, planning, coordination, and implementation of activities in the Operations Department and contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- —Develops and maintains the Operations Department Strategic Plan. Determines and manages budgetary requirements and provides long-range planning for overall operations.
- Prepares, maintains and monitors the budget. Prepares reports on department operations, activities, and expenditures.
- —Develops and implements policies, procedures and strategies.
- Establishes appropriate management structure, including respective roles and responsibilities. Establishes and maintains appropriate systems to monitor, evaluate and report on all operational activities.
- —Oversees the development of operational strategy in cooperation with Executive Management. Oversees the planning of operation activities between Department/divisions within eHA, and external government and community organizations.
- —Ensures ongoing maintenance of all eHA assets including (buildings, inspection and preventive maintenance of machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization). Ensures that all construction projects adhere to building regulations and codes.
- —Develops and implements operation practices and procedures. Assess operational practices, systems, and duties to ensure that technology is effectively leveraged, work is effectively organized and performed at the right level.
- —Develops and manages operations against the established operational and capital budgets, ensuring financial goals are met. Participates in budgeting activities, reviews costs and expenses and strives for continuous improvement of the operating units.
- —Oversee organizational insurance policies. Manages all contracts related to maintenance and security services.
- —Monitors, manages and increases the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services to the various departments.
- —Oversees and manages vendors. Assists with identification and selection of vendors. Generates work plan for vendor, defining and communication of timelines to ensure availability of vendor resources. Identifies and resolves vendor issues. Oversees record-keeping (online and physical) for vendors, vehicles usage, etc.
- —Interfaces with eHA departments to ascertain and provides related technical guidance and assistance. Ensures that departments/projects/programs requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner.
- —Attends and participates in professional associations, meetings, seminars, conferences and trainings to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of Operations.
- —Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- —May frequently travel between company worksites.
- —Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- —Is consistently at work and on time.
- —Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- —Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- —Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- —Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- —Performs any other task assigned by Management
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises all Department staff.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, or a related field.
- Five (5) years working experience in Operations, preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of operations supervisory experience.
- Proven ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary/diverse teams, as well as mentoring team. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate, interact and influence effectively at all levels within the Organization.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in Hausa is desirable.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Math Ability Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situation
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Using job tittle as subject of the email, please send cover letter (suitability statement) and resume as a single PDF or MS word document to [email protected]
Closing date: 20 Apr 2016