The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) has had a long-standing commitment to education. In 2001, the Partnership reinforced this commitment by establishing the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program to support students from developing countries and economies in transition.
The ESED program offers master’s level scholarships to outstanding students for a period of up to two years. In addition to the master’s scholarships offered, the ESED program also supports a web-based network of scholars designed to encourage the sharing of information and knowledge among scholars and alumni.
The purpose of the ESED scholarship is to support outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and to encourage meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership considers an outstanding student to be one who:
- graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of her/his class
- is committed to sustainable energy
- is committed to return and contribute to her/his home country
- is determined to advance her/his knowledge and understanding
- has a history of community involvement
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, students must
- plan to undertake studies at the master’s level in areas directly related to sustainable energy development
- be citizens of the developing countries and territories identified for OECD official development aid in the DAC List of ODA Recipients as of 2015
- An applicant must:
- be a citizen of a developing country or territory identified for official OECD development aid in the DAC list of ODA recipients effective as of 2015 (see list);
- have graduated among the top 20% of her/his class;
- have chosen a program of study directly related to sustainable energy development (i.e. with a high focus on renewable energy and/or the power sector in general); and
- possess a letter of acceptance provided by an academic institution for the 2016-17 academic year, or is at least able to provide evidence that the academic institution of choice is considering the candidate’s application for admission.
- Scholarships of US$ 23,000 per year for up to two years are offered for master’s level students. Up to ten master’s scholarships will be awarded annually.
1. Create an account using the online ESED application system.
2. Fill in the required information.
3. Upload the required documents :
a. Passport or Birth certificate
b. Curriculum Vitae
c. Copies of transcripts
d. Admission or Deferral Letter
e. Program Outline
f. Academic Reference Form
g. Personal Reference
h. Applicant’s Statement Form
4. Verify that the status of your application on the application system indicates that your application has been submitted to the Academic Panel. If it indicates that your application is on hold then please make sure to complete your application before the deadline or it will be discarded.
Application Deadline: March 4th 2016