The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers. The “Movement” is made up of the following components: the International Committee of the Red Cross, the National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
Job Industry: Administration/Secretarial
Job Title: Economic Security Field Officer
Job Location: Adamawa
- Conducts analysis of the situation, assessments according to operational priorities and proposes appropriate action
- Conducts distributions with field teams
- Designs, implements and monitors ECOSEC program activities.
- Prepares written reports on the activities
- Contributes to the overall ECOSEC strategy and budget follow up a Maintains close contact with beneficiaries
- Represents the ICRC
- University degree in Economics, Agronomy, Social Sciences, Nutrition or related disciplines.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills especially in Excel
- Work experience in a similar field (Especially National and International organization is an asset)
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Ability to work independently and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Teamwork oriented with sound communication skills
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organisational skills
- Sound empathy when dealing with people/beneficiaries
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and working procedure
Application Closing Date:
19 May 2015
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to:
31 Pope John Paul II Street,
ICRC Yola Office,
No 5 Girei Street,
- Please clearly indicate “Economic Security Field Officer Yola” on the envelope.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted