The British High Commission (BHC) in Nigeria, requests for the services of an experienced personnel to fill the position of:
Job Title: Driver
- BHC opening hours are from 8am – 4:00pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am – 1.00pm on Friday.
- All BHC drivers operate on a shift system to provide vehicle coverage 24 hours per day, for which an allowance is paid.
- The successful candidate will be expected to undertake night shift and weekend shift working in addition to the usual day shift working.
Key competences required:
Competence 1: Changing and Improving
Competence 2: Delivering at Pace
Competence 3: Collaborating and Partnering
Competence 4: Delivering a Quality Servic
Other skills / Experience / Qualifications Essential on Arrival:
- Minimum of Secondary School Education ( SSCE,NECO,WASC)
- 3-5 years experience as a driver within government or NGO or corporate/office environment with valid driver’s licence and ability to read and write.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a short (1 page maximum) covering letter stating why they are a suitable candidate for the position along with a copy of their CV in English, by email to: [email protected]
Internal applicants should also submit the above, with a copy of their most recent (last 24 months) appraisals to the same email address.
All candidates: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 08/15 LOS and the position you are applying for.
Internal candidates, and spouses of diplomatic officers: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 08/15 LOS, and the position you are applying for, and also indicate that you are an internal candidate, or spouse of a diplomatic officer.
Application Closing Date: 11th June, 2015.
All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria with the correct visa/status or work permit.
The British High Commission in Abuja is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Staff members recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Nigerian employment law.
Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff, are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
Only electronic applications sent via email will be accepted.